Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bucks Chasing Already >

Bucks Chasing Already

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bucks Chasing Already

Old 09-22-2012, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

Default Bucks Chasing Already

I was really confused this weekend when we had bucks chasing does here in Iowa already.. Any one else seeing this early behavior? The rut doesn't usually kick in until early November
Old 10-06-2012, 09:35 AM
Fork Horn

I've noticed the same thing in western md, after that velvets off testosterone starts to rise.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

did the weather get cooler?

op..yer fotobkt..pic 37...too bad that aint another deer behind him lol
nice buks too..i like the skunk doe, with the stripe ya know

Last edited by halfbakedi420; 10-06-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Fork Horn

The temps are in the 20s for lows here the past few days.. I have noticed a ton more buck activity since October 3rd.. Scrapes , Rubs.. Bucks roaming all over the place.. Got alot of different bucks on game cam all hittin scrapes and pissing in them etc.. Going to hunt a stand near there tomorrow..
Old 10-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Fork Horn

When you say bucks are you saying big mature bucks like 8's - 10's - 12's or young spikes, fork horns, 6's. Young bucks will chase anything they feel more dominate than even before the rut. A lot of times they will bachelor up 2-4 with other bucks just before the rut. Then in pre-rut they go off and start scraping and setting up their territory. I’ve watched bucks chasing doe’s in the middle of the summer (in velvet) as more of a playful activity.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Spike

yea it happens every year...little bucks get antsy and want to do the deed and the does wont have it.....typical early october movement right now..they are just getting fidgity.. Last week of october 1st two weeks of november is when you will start seeing the real deal! Good luck yote hunter
Old 10-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't seen it yet but I am hearing the same thing from alot of different guys. I have also heard that this year's rut is suppose to be one of the best one's we've seen in quite awhile.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:08 AM
Spike

I'm awesome like that!

Old 10-07-2012, 01:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not seeing squat... Temps have finally come down. 30's and low 40's at night and 50's during day... I have not seen a single deer in 4 days... No fresh track, scrapes, or any rubs other than the ones in my neighbors back yard.... Everything that was showing up on my cameras, (same time every day) are now just gone....
Old 10-07-2012, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 7MMXBOLT
When you say bucks are you saying big mature bucks like 8's - 10's - 12's or young spikes, fork horns, 6's. .
The one I saw here chasing in Maryland was a borderline pope and young ten point . He was on four does, I grunted (haha figured if he's chasing I'm grunting) and he barely looked for a second until he continued trailing. that was on 9/15, just outlandish!
IMO they always want it, just they know they can't get in there yet so they chase less but still actively do so to keep tabs on the does in their area.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.