Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Done With Sundown Bow Huntiing >

Done With Sundown Bow Huntiing

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Done With Sundown Bow Huntiing

Old 10-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, I agree. Sounds weird. I have only lost one deer Bowhunting the past 10 years. And that was a poor shot and we believe the doe made it according to our trailcams. A lot of gun hunters wound and lose deer. I only take close shots with good angles during last light. And since I started using lighted jocks, there is no doubt of the hit or where. Took a decent buck A week ago at very last light and watched the lighted knock hit right where his heart was and then pass into the cut corn still lit. Saw him crash into the opposite woods and found him a few feet inside of it. In many ways, I think bowhunters have the advantage of a code close shot in ensuring a deer goes down and can be recovered.