Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Sorry mathews but you have been caught. >

Sorry mathews but you have been caught.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sorry mathews but you have been caught.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:56 AM
Spike

Hoyt CRX 32
Im shooting 321 fps through a chronograph. And my bow is very quiet. Tough draw cycle but it is a cam and a half. I love my HOYT!
Old 11-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Spike

Default Sorry mathews but you have been caught.

Originally Posted by BGfisher
I don't have any experience with either bow, but would like to toss this in. It's possible both bows had nearly the same letoff but just didn't feel like it due to a different cam or module shape.

One bow might feel harsher due to holding it's peak weight longer and thus will produce more speed whereas a smoother bow might peak the same, but roll over easier due to a less aggressive cam/module configuration.

I've found that to compare one bow against the other it's better to set them both up for the same speed instead of the same poundage. Then see how they feel. Sometimes the harsher cammed bow will produce the same performance at considerably less draw weight and therefore not feel nearly as harsh.

It really doesn't matter much. You still have to choose the bow you like better.
I am going by the way it feels at full draw. I have more weight on my Elite, than the Mathews. Also I checked it with a scale. Check what your poundage says then times 80% see what you are holding. When I did that with the Mathews. 65% let-off with an 80% let-off cam is what I had. I can draw my Elite Answer at full draw. Drop it down to my waist. You hardly feel it when you are there, it is almost like you have to push it to get it to go back, but when it does go, it goes. Just try one. I am not here to Bash Mathews bows , just going by my experience. I had to find a bow with the maximum let-off for my neck, arm and shoulder. Or I was going to have to quit.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Glad I never got caught up...

with this best of the best and the fastest and the quietest. And the high end price.

Just looked for an intermediate priced bow that worked. Put more performance pressure on me and not the bow.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

i have been looking at new bows and shooting some of the newest and have a great pro shop in my town and they sell all the best bows i am not brand loyal or a fanboy i buy what feels good and has good recommendations . i shot the Mathews creed , monster chill , hoyt spyder and a bow tech insanity, the techs at the pro shop said the bowtech was the most advanced but also had the most warranty issues and hoyt and mathew were the best for reliability and the better choice for hunting, they also warned me of the bowtech having the string come off track during letdown.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

been thinking about looking into bowtech insanity this off season.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:21 AM
RT1
Fork Horn

I will be more than happy to stick with my 2007 Diamond Black Ice.........
There is no doubt it shoots as well as a z7....about 10-12fps slower, but it's right there or ahead in many ways.
& yes they were caught a LOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG time ago. If you think about it....there a little late to the dance now. So many more companies are and have been ahead of them for a few years.