Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Sorry mathews but you have been caught. >

Sorry mathews but you have been caught.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sorry mathews but you have been caught.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:46 PM
trs
Spike

Originally Posted by ihookem1
No doubt Mathews is for the hunter that is willing to spend and extra 400 bucks in hopes to get a better bow. Maybe they are, maybe not. I tried Z7 extreme. It was darn nice shooting bow. All I could say was WOW. Mind you my last bow was a 13 yr. old Mathews Featherlight. Tried the Mission Endeavor , less than half the price. 785/ 352 dollars respectively. One un answered question, how long will these bows last? Will Mathews Z7 EX. be shooting well after 10 years? How will the rest hold up for 10 years? We don't know yet and might be getting what ya pay for. Is Mathews a bit better quality?? Strings, quality of metal, craftsmanship, cams, ??? Are they all the same?
I'm currently shooting a Mathews FX that I purchased in 2000 and it's shoots as good and accurate today as it did when I fist got it. I can't even begin to estimate how many arrows it has shot over the past 12 yrs but I do assure you that's its well over 10,000.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

hoyt carbon fury..... caught beaten and put away bloody lol
Old 10-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Mathews tops in my book.....

Sticking with my Mathews, hasn't ever let me down......
Old 10-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

Not trying to be a smart a$$ but tell me, just exactly how fast is that BowTech if thats what you mean by caught? The IBO rating bare! 70lb pull / 30 in draw length / stripped. Curious to know cause my brother has one and he's shot my Mathews. The only thing about my Mathews is it is a little heavy for spot & stalk. On stand no big deal cause your not holding it all the time. Other than that this thing is a killing machine. Haven't had a deer yet able to duck my arrows even at 40 yards. That's no lie either! If the Bowtech is light and can spit out an arrow 325 fps or better, I may be looking for another bow to use on the ground, my favorite way to hunt.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Everyone has different ways of shooting, different preferences, different form, different muscle builds. A different bow may suit one person better than the other. I shot a PSE for years. I liked it, tried a few models again before I decided on my Mathews. Also tried some Hoyts as well. They all seem like really good bows. The Mathews performed better for me, may not for someone with a different style. My dealer didn't push me towards a bow and sells Hoyt and Mathews, tried many models of both and decided on the Mathews Helim. I'll galdly "invest" the $800 for a bow of that caliber then choice the bells and whistles I prefer after that. If the hoyt would have felt better I would have spent the extra $$$ on that. He said in the end that I made the right choice.

One thing I like about Mathews is that they back there product with a lifetime warranty. If anything ever breaks, they fix it. My bow shop even says if something goes wrong, we'll fix it. It doesn't have to be sent out or anything. I like when a company backs up their product that way. I'm quite happy with my helim and wouldn't trade it for any bow on the market.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bighorns35
elite has quietly passed them all
This is what I've heard as well. I've never shot one, but people rave about how great they are.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:51 PM
Spike

You don't need to spend big money to get a god bow, in my opinion.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:11 PM
Spike

been a long time mathews shooter..target and hunt rigs..
just recently demoed a prime centroid LR and BOOM- was sold
orderd one to my specs on the spot and the monsters are up for sale
yup -jumping ship after all these years
good luck with whatever fits you best!!
Old 10-21-2012, 01:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can't really blame you, I shoot a Mathews but those Monster bows were the worst thing they've ever put out. They are pretty fast, but thats about all they are.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:22 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 7MMXBOLT
Not trying to be a smart a$$ but tell me, just exactly how fast is that BowTech if thats what you mean by caught? The IBO rating bare! 70lb pull / 30 in draw length / stripped. Curious to know cause my brother has one and he's shot my Mathews. The only thing about my Mathews is it is a little heavy for spot & stalk. On stand no big deal cause your not holding it all the time. Other than that this thing is a killing machine. Haven't had a deer yet able to duck my arrows even at 40 yards. That's no lie either! If the Bowtech is light and can spit out an arrow 325 fps or better, I may be looking for another bow to use on the ground, my favorite way to hunt.
Bowtech Assassin's IBO is 333fps. Mine exceeds its IBO after being tuned, great bow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.