Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Sorry mathews but you have been caught. >

Sorry mathews but you have been caught.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sorry mathews but you have been caught.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

Bowtech Invasion CPX Here
Old 09-25-2012, 05:43 AM
RT1
Fork Horn

yah they have been caught quite a long time ago. For gods sake bear actually caught them with the truth 2 bow. My Bear Strike shoots just as well as the z7....it's a little slower but it is just as smooth, definately quieter than the z7....just lacks the speed by atleast 12-15 fps, but cost $ a ton less...haha

Most bow companies are with or ahead of mathews. PSE, Darton, Bowtech, Bear, Elite, Hoyt..etc..............Truth in the matter is.....that there isn't a bad bow out there anymore.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:26 AM
Spike

I spent $500 on Mission (made by Mathews) Riot, and I don't know how it can get much better. I imagine the $1000 bows have a few perks, but not $500 worth!
Old 09-26-2012, 05:34 AM
Typical Buck

its all personal preference really and then the fanboys help it along.

I agree mathews has been passed, bear is putting out some awesome stuff, PSE is also putting out some nice bows. Never shot an Elite or Strother and a few others as lack of dealers and being left handed limits this.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

I shot Hoyt for a long time. I now own a Bowtech. I love the bow, it pounds the targets. I swore that I would never leave Hoyt well it happened. Who knows what I will go next. I am not brand oriented but I would start with Bowtech.

I do agree 100% that there are allot of other bow manufactures that are right there with Mathews and has passed them in allot of ways. Obviously Mathews give the tv guys allot of perks to shoot their bow. I personally don't like Mathews but that is only my opinion.

It really comes down to the person behind the bow. If you can't shoot it, it has really nothing to do with the bow. They will shoot where you aim it!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

i shoot a z7 xtreme, i've tried out bowtech, apa, pse and hoyt. theres a reason i shoot a z7 after carefully examining all these bows and will never go back
Old 09-27-2012, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is my 4th. year Bow hutning,started out with a Matthews FX hand me down and it droped every Deer I hit.I have missed 2 Deer while Bow hunting and it most surely was not the Bows fault. Got a PSE Stinger G3 this year and I'm confident it will likewise drop what I hit and miss what I fail to aim properly at. I doubt if there is a Bow out there that will not drop a deer if hit with a good shot. In the end if you like your Bow,Bowtech,PSE,Hoyt,Bear etc. It seems to me what really matters is everything which leads up to the opportunity to take a shot. The Bow should be a good one for the task and as has been said there are a lot of good Bows out there even cheap 300.00 ones like mine that when set up will do the job a 1.000.00 Bow will. Never shot a Bowtech before but if I do I'm sure I would like it as well,have heard many good things about them.Good Hunting be yours with your new Bow of choice.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by saulthunter
i shoot a z7 xtreme, i've tried out bowtech, apa, pse and hoyt. theres a reason i shoot a z7 after carefully examining all these bows and will never go back
Agreed, I shot a lot of bows multiple days and went with the Helim. Nothing shot as smooth and felt as good. Different bows feel different to different people. Everybody has a different body structure so what is great for one person may be horrible for another. I do love my Helim and didn't think twice about spending a few extra bucks on it.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:27 AM
Fork Horn

Good friend of mine owns an archery shop and i have been privlaged to shoot many many bows. Im sorry but nothing compares to mathews. Its all about opinion i guess but nothing is as smooth and forgiving as a Mathews. Bowtech tries to copy a lot of what Mathews does and pse only got really popular when the drury brothers dropped hoyt. I can remember a time when pse stood for "pretty shi*ty equipment".. no im not calling them that but i can remember that being a lot of people's words less than 10 years ago.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

No doubt Mathews is for the hunter that is willing to spend and extra 400 bucks in hopes to get a better bow. Maybe they are, maybe not. I tried Z7 extreme. It was darn nice shooting bow. All I could say was WOW. Mind you my last bow was a 13 yr. old Mathews Featherlight. Tried the Mission Endeavor , less than half the price. 785/ 352 dollars respectively. One un answered question, how long will these bows last? Will Mathews Z7 EX. be shooting well after 10 years? How will the rest hold up for 10 years? We don't know yet and might be getting what ya pay for. Is Mathews a bit better quality?? Strings, quality of metal, craftsmanship, cams, ??? Are they all the same?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.