Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Does Anyone Remember? >

Does Anyone Remember?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does Anyone Remember?

Old 09-21-2012, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Does Anyone Remember?

Maybe im just an old fart, but does anyone remember when 5-6 guys would shoot recurves into bails at a friends garage with recurves, just for something to do? And tree stands were against the law in Wisconsin, so you hunted out of blinds or drove deer with bows.
This is how I grew up, and how I learned to hunt deer, and believe me, it took me years to get my first deer. But eventually I rounded that corner when it all came together. Now with tree stands, modern archery equipment, and camo that we dont have to make ourselves, its kinda sad that some kids dont get to experiance the way we did it back then.
Dont get me wrong, I LOVE my Bowtech, and my tree stand.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep...Some of us still shoot fingers, feathers, aluminum arrows, fixed heads, older bows and believe it or not......They still kill deer...

My first bought camo was a zebra stripe jumpsuit from an Army surplus store....Vietnam era...
Old 09-21-2012, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

It was a whole differant game back then wasnt it? I dont remember as many women into archery back then either. In school you knew who was an archer from the welts on there 4 arms, and the missing hair on there arms was from seeing if there broadheads needed sharpening.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by furgitter
the missing hair on there arms was from seeing if there broadheads needed sharpening.
And a wad of TP wound tight with scotch tape if it was juuuuust right!
Old 09-21-2012, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still shooting and hunting with recurves and longbows, aluminum arrows...haven't shot a compound in 20yrs
Old 09-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

....51 years old here and it sure does bring back memories.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:56 PM
j76
Typical Buck

I bought my bow, a Darton Maverick in 2001 for $199. I have one, count em one site pin. A finger tab, 2512 aluminum arrows and 3 blade muzzy 125's. I haven't shot many big bucks with it, but have killed a lot of deer. A while back i thought about stepping up with a release and all that crap but couldn't hit the house if i was standin in it, and now i pretty much refuse to do it just because i like to be different. When this bow finally craps out, not sure what i'll do. Can you eaven buy a new bow now awadays set up for a finger shooter??? If not, think instead of upgrading i'll downgrade. Longbow it will be!!
Old 09-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've thought the same about where would I find a new finger bow and frankly I think I'll give in and go with a release...

Of course the type bow I'm thinking of going to will be held horizontal.....
Old 09-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Remember when tree stands were first legal, and we had to make our own? Remember our first popple ride to the ground! And huggin a tree was the only way they got you up there?
Old 09-21-2012, 04:23 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Seriously!!! Do they still make a new bow for a finger shooter?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.