Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Does Anyone Remember? >

Does Anyone Remember?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does Anyone Remember?

Old 09-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gotta shop @ yard sales and craigs list for that stuff
Old 09-21-2012, 04:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

When I started bowhunting back in the mid 70's, it took a couple of years, but I killed my first 2 deer from the ground with my Bear Polar LTD. It was my first compound bow. I shot into stacked, compressed bread boxes as my target. Back then you could only kill ONE deer per season in Pa. I shot with fingers and with no sight. lol They were great times!
Old 09-21-2012, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

We used to get ALOT of snow back then. there were 20 deer in a herd, and we would go drive em out of the pines with 20 guys. It wasnt real often we got one in the beginning, but we got em figured out and started taking some pretty good numbers. We would be beat down at the end of the day, but we always had a good time!
Old 09-22-2012, 07:02 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by j76
Seriously!!! Do they still make a new bow for a finger shooter?????
do recall seeing some long axle bows that you can finger shoot. Its just been a while since I looked. I think parker makes some, and PSE
Old 09-23-2012, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

i shoot a 40 year old Bear Kodiak hunter still. I love shooting trad. Half of my bowhunting is still hunting, just the way i like it.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by j76
Seriously!!! Do they still make a new bow for a finger shooter?????
Hoyt does .

hatchet Jack
Old 09-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys know, todays kids who never pulled back a recurve, or made there own cammo, and most likely never hunted from the ground, are pretty much ignorant to the harvest as we knew it back then. Now its all about only shooting standing deer, inside 40 yards, blah blah blah.With there fancy 1000 dollar bows. If they only knew what it was like back in the 70s. I got a feeling most of them would have taken up baking cookies instead.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by furgitter
You guys know, todays kids who never pulled back a recurve, or made there own cammo, and most likely never hunted from the ground, are pretty much ignorant to the harvest as we knew it back then. Now its all about only shooting standing deer, inside 40 yards, blah blah blah.With there fancy 1000 dollar bows. If they only knew what it was like back in the 70s. I got a feeling most of them would have taken up baking cookies instead.
im 18 and i feel like im hunting in the 70's. I just hung up a baker climbing stand, im sure most people who hunted back in the day know what they are. My dad has showed me many tips and tricks he has learned from hunting his whole life. From the stories he tells seems like going to deer camp was a lot more fun back then with tons of buddies and family, and more of a bonding time than to get monster buck.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first bow was a Darton WH-500, cost about $200 back in 1981. I couldn't wait to get home and shoot it before hunting season. I still have that same bow but since have "modernized" my hunting with a Mathews Switchback XT that I bought 5 years ago.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm gonna give you some advice, throw that dang Baker away before you kill yourself...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.