Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Is it ethical to shoot a running deer with a bow? >

Is it ethical to shoot a running deer with a bow?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: Would you shoot a non-wounded running deer with a bow?
Yes
11.11%
No
88.89%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Is it ethical to shoot a running deer with a bow?

Old 09-22-2012, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

WOW!! you would think GOD has started judging here! Ok I get both sides, shooting at a running deer is something that a novice and most pros should never try. But the guy clearly states he has practiced that his whole life. Thats the same as me saying YOU shouldnt shoot at a broadside deer standing still at 41 yards. If you think you can make the shot, and you have put effort into practicing that way, let the sticks fly! I was raised hunting deer with dogs, I love still hunting and spot and stalk, but my one true love will always be listening to the beagles bawl away on a good chase, numerous people have said " hunting deer with dogs is unethnical, because there always running". Well sometimes they were, but my 12ga. with 000 buckshot was always faster!!! To each his own. From the sounds of it, Furgitter diddnt just pick up a bow yesterday. I will not shoot at a running deer, because I do not have the confidence that I can make a good clean shot! On another note. The whole deer worshiping thing, YES I do worship deer, I believe that I should show respect to the animal that I am hunting (gotta a little ted nugent on ya there). I believe that a deer is beautiful! And to finish, a small qoute from my FAVORITE drink JAGERMISTER:
This is the hunter’s badge of glory,That he protect and tend his quarry,Hunt with honour, as is due,And through the beast to God be true.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Arkansasmountainman
WOW!! you would think GOD has started judging here! Ok I get both sides, shooting at a running deer is something that a novice and most pros should never try. But the guy clearly states he has practiced that his whole life. Thats the same as me saying YOU shouldnt shoot at a broadside deer standing still at 41 yards. If you think you can make the shot, and you have put effort into practicing that way, let the sticks fly! I was raised hunting deer with dogs, I love still hunting and spot and stalk, but my one true love will always be listening to the beagles bawl away on a good chase, numerous people have said " hunting deer with dogs is unethnical, because there always running". Well sometimes they were, but my 12ga. with 000 buckshot was always faster!!! To each his own. From the sounds of it, Furgitter diddnt just pick up a bow yesterday. I will not shoot at a running deer, because I do not have the confidence that I can make a good clean shot! On another note. The whole deer worshiping thing, YES I do worship deer, I believe that I should show respect to the animal that I am hunting (gotta a little ted nugent on ya there). I believe that a deer is beautiful! And to finish, a small qoute from my FAVORITE drink JAGERMISTER:
This is the hunter’s badge of glory,That he protect and tend his quarry,Hunt with honour, as is due,And through the beast to God be true.
i am under the impression that it was the kid who was shooting the bow in the video. maybe im wrong. if so, i recant.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
i am under the impression that it was the kid who was shooting the bow in the video. maybe im wrong. if so, i recant.
Furgitter stated that his son has been shooting moving prey since he was 12, so I'm assuming his shooting ability is on par with anyone else's here, if not better. The boy did mortaly hit the deer & finished the job with his blade. I'm assuming he's a pretty damn good archer & sportsman.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

None of my business what anyone else does.......cant control it and not going to worry about it.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fastetti
This was debated on another thread and I thought it was quite obvious what the answer was but curious on what others opinions are. Would you shoot a non-wounded running deer?
correct it was his son. but he asked the question and from all the post i have read, he has practiced the situation also
Old 09-24-2012, 12:07 AM
Typical Buck

then the lord spoke down unto uncle "sweaty" teddie, and said"

Last edited by PREDATE; 09-24-2012 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Since we are talking animal rights and ethical treatment of them, I better not hear any of you on the ethics commitee trash talking P.E.T.A. Cause that would make you a hypocrite. LOL!
Old 09-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Typical Buck

well guys i have been looking around for a horse, maybe i can do this like they do in "dances with wolves" , just ride along side the deer and stick arrows in him until he looks like a pin cushion and falls over. Well maybe i can just use furgitters st. bernard. Get ur camera ready furgitter, i got a doozy for you to film LMFAO. We can call it " Ethical hunting the old fashion way" lol.

Last edited by sdhunter11; 09-24-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Typical Buck

I'd buy that video. Lol
Old 09-24-2012, 10:38 AM
Typical Buck

hell yea, i could be the next kevin costner. I think it would work, as long as we found the deer within 3 business days right?

Last edited by sdhunter11; 09-24-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.