Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Drop Away vs Whisker Biscuit >

Drop Away vs Whisker Biscuit

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Drop Away vs Whisker Biscuit

Old 09-18-2012, 07:23 PM
Spike

Default Drop Away vs Whisker Biscuit

I just changed my set up from the old trusty whisker biscuit to the new drop away LD by QAD. I love it so far, and I can tell my groups are tighter and no worries about friction from the biscuit. Anyone else make this switch...and what have your experiences been?
Old 09-18-2012, 10:20 PM
Fork Horn

I switched from a drop away to a whisker biscuit few years ago and i shoot tighter groups ever since. I love the biscuit. Its all what you are most comfortable with i guess.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a drop away, and I hated it... Got the whisker biscuit and love it.. A couple years ago I went to shoot at a big doe, I didn't notice that my arrow had fallen off the rest in all the excitement, The arrow went almost straight up in the air. Of coarse the deer blew and ran when it heard the arrow going threw the trees above her... Now I don't know if the arrow fell off before or during pulling the string back.. Once in a while when I pulled it back the arrow would jump up. But when its did that I would stop pulling it back and then just re-pull and all was good. But when that buck fever sets in, or doe in this case, you have a tendency to not pay attention to some things.. I went to whisker biscuit and wont ever go back... Just my opinion...
Old 09-19-2012, 02:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

For hunting I wouldn't use anything other than the WB. I've had zero trouble with this rest. When I find something that works I stick with it.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll keep my WB until it give s me a reason to change.I'ts simple and works,good groups are no problem. If you have a change of mind you can go back,but you may prefer the drop away from now on. A good one will do a good job if you maintain it. Let us know how it works out after the season.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

What can I say? I have only shot drop anyways and love the way they shoot. I am currently shooting the Trophy Ridge Drop Shot and have great groupings as well. Although I am supposed to pick my bow up this evening from getting the string replaced. I can hardly wait to get a few shots out of it so I will be ready for this October's bow hunt.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I learned to shoot using ye olde prong rest and stuck with that for a few years. I then swithced to a WB and see no reason to ever change as far as hunting goes. It's also kind of like going to a tubeless peep, the fewer moving parts you have to rely on the better.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:46 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot a WB. At first it didn't group the best So I took a clipper to the whiskers. I thinned out the areas where my arrow vanes would go through to reduce the drag. That really helped my groups. I do alot of walking and stalking so I love not having to worry about the arrow being anywhere but the right spot when it's time to shoot.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:06 AM
Fork Horn

I used to shoot a WB for years and 2 years ago switcehd to the Octane Hostage Pro rest. Same advantages as the WB and no flectching contact. I haven't had any problems with brushes wearing out on mine. Still on the first set.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:05 AM
Fork Horn

I shot a whisker biscuit on all my old bows which were a little slower but when i bumped up to a faster bow i went with the QAD drop away. It has a containment bar so once the rest is in the up position the arrow can't come out. I personally will never go back. but like anyone else said its completly personal opinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.