Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Stolen Trail Camera/Gear? >

Stolen Trail Camera/Gear?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stolen Trail Camera/Gear?

Old 09-18-2012, 01:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default Stolen Trail Camera/Gear?

I went out yesterday to set up my cam. I also saw someone put a stand in a tree where i have a platform stand built. I searched the woods for other stands but did not find any more stands. I know this area very well and it is public land. I know i take the risk of getting it stolen.

So I put it out yesterday, and come back today with my SD card stolen from it. It had great pictures of bucks from another area. Now when they look at it they are going to hunt my back up spot super hard i suppose.

When i thought back on it today i remember seeing a blue pick up the pulled in down the dirt road as i left yesterday. I truly think it was this guy who messed with my camera, and put a stand in in the same tree where MINE is!!!!

I have no solid proof but i really just want to take his stand off, lay it at the bottom of the tree, and hunt out of my platform, cause it was there first!!!

I am also thinking about doing a stake out type thing before deer season comes in. Set up my camera near his stand (very obviously placed), climb up in a tree with my camo on and wait. I will probably do this on a Saturday when he will likely be out.

This **** just pisses me off. How have you caught people who have stolen your gear?
Old 09-18-2012, 02:36 PM
Spike

Sounds like you need to do a different kind of hunting..

I'd get up real early and put a new SD card in it... then find you a nice distant spot to watch and take pictures from...

I've had 2 climber stands stolen off my 350 acres lol.... I'm sure its happened to just about everyone really..
Old 09-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

I had lock on stand stolen years back. It burns me up every time I think about it. I know that anger but I never really searched who did it. I had an idea but chose not to pursue it. It would have only ended badly!

So what are planning on doing if this person returns? I would love some redemption but I figure that in the end I was only causing myself more grief by holding a grudge about it or got even.

It is wrong that people can not respect others property!

I figure with my temper and my size that I would become physical with that person and the situation would go from bad to worse!

Don't want to tell you what to do but think about it before you do something you may regret yourself! Looking at it the other side what if the person that would happen to walk in your spot happened to not have anything to do with your camera sd card theft? How would you like coming up to you in the woods and someone accuse you of theft. Now you may have caused another situation at your hunting area.

Just some things to consider before you take action
Old 09-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

huntingkid, what type of public land are you referring to? SGL, SF, or SP? They don't all have the same regulations regarding treestand use. I hunt State Park land a lot, and you can't leave stands (or anything else) in the woods. They must be removed when you leave. This avoids any possible conflict between hunters, which makes perfect sense. Putting up a stand and leaving it on public land is "staking your claim". There are NO claims on public land, first come, first served.

Last edited by early in; 09-18-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by early in
huntingkid, what type of public land are you referring to? SGL, SF, or SP? They don't all have the same regulations regarding treestand use. I hunt State Park land a lot, and you can't leave stands (or anything else) in the woods. They must be removed when you leave. This avoids any possible conflict between hunters, which makes perfect sense. Putting up a stand and leaving it on public land is "staking your claim". There are NO claims on public land, first come, first served.
i PMed you
Old 09-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

I hunt private property and I had a trail cam and ground blind stolen in the same night..Never found out who did it
Old 09-18-2012, 04:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, it's an ugly feeling when you get to the tree that you KNOW you had your stand cable locked to, and it's gone! This happened to me on private land as well. It was a LW too! At least they had good taste.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:12 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by razor6570
I had lock on stand stolen years back. It burns me up every time I think about it. I know that anger but I never really searched who did it. I had an idea but chose not to pursue it. It would have only ended badly!

So what are planning on doing if this person returns? I would love some redemption but I figure that in the end I was only causing myself more grief by holding a grudge about it or got even.

It is wrong that people can not respect others property!

I figure with my temper and my size that I would become physical with that person and the situation would go from bad to worse!

Don't want to tell you what to do but think about it before you do something you may regret yourself! Looking at it the other side what if the person that would happen to walk in your spot happened to not have anything to do with your camera sd card theft? How would you like coming up to you in the woods and someone accuse you of theft. Now you may have caused another situation at your hunting area.

Just some things to consider before you take action

I hear ya too..> I knew who took my climber stands, but I had no proof, just a good damn feeling. I couldn't accuse him without evidence though. For the sole fact that I have been wrong before...(ONce maybe hahah JK)

How about this though.... Put a note in it that says "See my other trail camera? NO I didn't think you did. Its got your picture, so how about you respect my property and leave my stuff alone"
Old 09-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Typical Buck

i guess i needed to vent a little. the less i think about it the more i don't really care. But damn i had good pics on there! well, atleast there still on my computer...and he didn't steal my cam.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

I had a camera stolen off private land this year and have been on a terror to catch someone on the property again. I blocked every trail going off the property, hung no tresspassing signs, and feel bad for the first person I run into on that property. I HATE thieves with a passion that can't be explained. I have worked for everything I have and the thought of someone just walking up and grabbing the camera just gets me all fired up again. I really want some company to come up with a GPS tracking device that looks like an SD card. Use it as bait and knock on the guys door with a gun or sherif. I also had someone earse one of my sd cards on public lad once only to later find out someone killed a 200in 16 point on that land that year. I wasn't too upset because they didn't take anything worth any money but still made me a little mad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.