Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
First Video we have done like this! >

First Video we have done like this!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First Video we have done like this!

Old 09-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yea Robo, they mite take away your PETA card for looking. Dont do it!
Old 09-25-2012, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

This thread has cracked me up. Hunting forums are known for placing deer on a pedestal above all other animals. It's pretty funny actually. They are deer not unicorns. Cool video, congrats to your boy. I too love deer drives, it's actually fairly common in the real world. It was also one of the most effective methods used by many tribes of Native Americans(before and after guns became the weapon of choice).

Furgitter had you posted a video of Fred Bear(or any other founding father of bowhunting) taking down a running animal or slinging arrows at animals 60+ yards away you would have got a much different response. It is what it is.

Hitting a deer size set of vitals at 5-10 yards (even if the deer is on the move) is not that difficult. Had the buck been standing boadside or quartering away and you spine shot it they would have loved that video and you would not have seemed unethical at all to them. Just wait til you see all the threads where somebody took a "perfect" shot but hit the deer back or high or low or whatever and they just can't find their deer. Then they'll get on the internet and start looking for it with their keyboard. Shockingly most never find them. But hey the deer was standing still and broadside. They will get attaboys and encouragemnet to get on out there and try again, classic.

When bowhunting I also don't stop a slowly walking calm deer with a "urp" or a "mehhh" or any of that. Why would I want to alert them? Inside 20 yards I aim at the the heart and let her eat. Works for me.

Last edited by NEW61375; 09-25-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Robow45
Really? Speak for yourself SD. Wrong is wrong!! More footage of unethical tactics will change public opinion??? I think not!
I dont give a damn what the public thinks. I live by my own values and ethics. If you had seen a video of fred bear or howard hill doing this you wouldnt have batted an eye. I still believe 99% of modern day bowhunters like me cannot pull this off. The only part about this whole fiasco that i dont agree with is the deer kicking in the leaves for that long. And i am just giving furgitter the chance to "put up or shut up". So far he hasnt "Put Up" anything that is relevant. Anybody can film a deer running out of camera view, or a bunch of bowhunters standing by a jon boat.

Last edited by sdhunter11; 09-25-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive never tried to specificly film me shooting a running deer. But now that the challange has been made, Ill just have to do more driving with the camera rolling I guess. It could take the rest of the season, the way this year has been going, but I will get the footage you asked for.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

And that poor deer had to wait 3 minuites, so terrable, while the squirrel you ran over on the way to school had to drag himself off the road with his front legs, and die in the bushes a day later, while you giggled about it for 3 days.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

lol, no i made sure to run over his head so i could take him home and throw him in the frying pan.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

My point was, that people have differant standards for differant animals. In reality a rat has just as much purpose on this earth as a deer does. Ive eaten both, and the rats were easier to catch, they tasted pretty good too.
The farmers here look at deer like rats, because they dont benefit the farmer at all. They would be glad if they were all dead.
Muskie guides here are all about catch and release. Thats because they make allot of money from more fish! I cant stand to hear them dog a kid for keeping a barely legal muskie. He caught it, not them. They have no right at all to talk to anyone like that.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cool!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 12:39 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Edcyclopedia
Cool!!!!!!!!!!
my sentiments exactly.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Typical Buck

Around here the farmers and ranchers dont like deer in their hay bales but most all of them leave a section of pasture or crop ground just for the deer and other wildlife. And 99% of them dont even hunt.

Last edited by sdhunter11; 09-28-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.