Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
First Video we have done like this! >

First Video we have done like this!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First Video we have done like this!

Old 09-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Typical Buck

re-read my previous post & you'll notice that when referring to an ethical head shot I was speaking of firearms kills, not archery. I agree an archery headshot is unethical. But again, that's not what was being talked about. Post pics all day man, but it doesn't address the situation here with Mike & his son. If you want to address that, great, but don't distract from the point at hand. What part of their hunt was particularly unethical?
Old 09-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by furgitter
But you see, I dont make videos for a living. I layed it out there like it is in the real world. I dont have to be politically correct, and in my opinion, that was an ethical shot.
Maybe you will like this video better? Dont worry, its not gross.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/j2aaadBFIgY

I'm not saying you do man, I'm saying you're putting the video out there let's non-hunting individuals see it.

What you're doing is empowering peta minded people. Now I'm not worried about Peta changing the minds of hunters, aint gonna happen. I'm worried about Peta changing the mind of Joe Schmo on the street, cause Joe doesn't really know too much about hunting, never went anywhere near the woods,up til now he didn't care but Joe saw this picture of a deer with a arrow sticking outside its face, and Joe wants to use his vote to end our rights to hunt...
http://animalconnectionblog.blogspot...cruel-bow.html

What I'm saying is man..

You got lucky, and next time you might not get as lucky, and end up with a deer like that^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Now do you really want a deer running around looking like that??? Sure you might not have done that, but you're still a hunter, an in the minds of people who don't know you, or are ignorant to our ways of life don't see it that way, they're going to blame both you and me.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Typical Buck

So you guys resort to posting pics of wounded deer to show Mike & the rest of us how his video & how driving deer is unethical. But they didn't just wound their deer. Its packed away in his freezer. But by your logic, every possible shot any of us take this year could possibly be as bad as the pictures you've posted & by that logic you're doing more here to convince non-hunters that any shot is unethical. But I'm curious, who are these non-hunters hanging out at HNI?
Old 09-18-2012, 04:06 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by On_Point
So you guys resort to posting pics of wounded deer to show Mike & the rest of us how his video & how driving deer is unethical. But they didn't just wound their deer. Its packed away in his freezer. But by your logic, every possible shot any of us take this year could possibly be as bad as the pictures you've posted & by that logic you're doing more here to convince non-hunters that any shot is unethical. But I'm curious, who are these non-hunters hanging out at HNI?

No that's not what anyone has said, Don't twist what other people say to fit your needs

WHat we are saying is it is ethical when a person puts themselves in position to take the best shot possible in order to kill that animal as fast as possible.

If you do everything in your damnest to put yourself in that position and still have a bad shot, thats not unethical. Thats hunting.

However,
It is unethical to put yourself in a position that you are taking a marginally successful shot.

He's posting those pictures to show you what happens when you take marginally successful shots... bad things happen, and deer hunters look bad to non deer hunters.

You don't gotta be a hunter to see a deer running around the woods with an arrow in it. You just got to be someone out in the woods hiking around.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:28 PM
Typical Buck

I didnt twist anything. I simply stated that I believe your logic to be flawed. Youve made your opinions on the subject well known, & now its my turn.

And again, the great thing about hunting ethics, as I've said before, is that what is marginally successful for you may be different for another & that's up to the individual to determine his or her own ability & limitations, not the rest of us.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I considder myself as a person who hunts quite a bit. I also know alot of hunters from the area here. I dont know of anyone who has seen a deer wearing an arrow through the head like that. Its obvious that it has happened, but one deer with an arrow from 99 differant angles doesnt make 99 seperate incidents. Peta and the HSUS will actually make it look that way so it seems like it happens more than it does. In reality, Peta and HSUS dont want to win, and outlaw anything. They make too much money from donations to actually end it all.
As far as hunting being a right of ours, I dont see it that way, and either does the DNR. We are a tool used by the DNR to manage the animal population. Fur trappers and hunters keep populations to a manageable level, so there damage can be kept to a minimum. And reports from hunters, and trappers make us there eyes and ears in the field.
I believe that On Point has said it pretty well, that if you dont think you can make the shot, dont take it. My style of hunting is more of a harvest than a sport. I dont donate my meat to starving people becaus when I did they were younger than me, and in better shape, and they didnt want it unless I skinned and de boned it. They wanted it in a box, cut, ground and wrapped. I even offered to show them how to process it, and they turned me down. Sorry then man, looks like you are just starvin then.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

Furgitter, I believe in donating my kills to hungry kids, my own. That's why I hunt. I'm not a trophy hunter, I'm not a pro staffer, I'm a provider. That's why I'm called Daddy. 8)

As for those here who are brow beating you for your video & telling you how unethical your tactics are, I'm guessing they're youngins themselves & are probably still a little wet behind the ears. And a deer drive would be unethical for them, mainly because theyve never had any experience or participated in one. But hey, to each his own.

Last edited by On_Point; 09-19-2012 at 04:54 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

First off mr on point.. the most unethical part is spine shooting a deer and letting it flop around paralyzed for almost 5 minutes. Thats what everyones issue is. So your Will premos statement is pointless.. ask Will if he would do that. You put a follow up shot on that deer soon as it drops. Get a clue dude. Funny 5 pages of people say its wrong but you two are right and we are wrong hahaha please
Old 09-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by On_Point
Furgitter, I believe in donating my kills to hungry kids, my own. That's why I hunt. I'm not a trophy hunter, I'm a provider. That's why I'm called Daddy. 8)

As for those here who are brow beating you for your video & telling you how unethical your tactics are, I'm guessing they're youngins themselves & are probably still a little wet behind the ears. And a deer drive would be unethical for them, mainly because theyve never had any experience or participated in one. But hey, to each his own.
first off i am 30 yrs old and i probabaly have killed more deer than you. almost 400 now. i have killed them on deer drives and i still choose to stop them. not because i cant kill them running but because the animal i am trying to kill deserves way more respect than a bad hit that makes it uncomfortable in life until whcih point i or another hunter be it person or animal sees fit to finish it off. yes bad shots can and do happen on standing animals but it is far less likly to happen. the part i concider to be unethical as i first stated is the running bow shot. and as far as being called "upitty" no i aint. i have just evolved enough to respect every animal and know the shots that should be taken and the ones that shouldnt. if you really know what you are doing as you claim then there shouldnt be any reason why you can not go set up and kill a deer or 2 every sit without having to shoot them running. you have your way but posting it on an open forum probably is not the best thing to do.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

How about more than one forum, and this is the only one where almost everyone started pouting. As I post more videos here, dont watch them. Ive got plans for some of the most awesum shots ever taken with a camera, and I think this is the year its gonna happen. You girls play nice now ok?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.