Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

THE CAN

Old 09-12-2003, 08:09 AM

Default RE: THE CAN

When used in the right situation, the CAN can work!!! I don' t know how many times I caught the attention of a buck last year (late Oct./early Nov.). I called a monster to within 45-50 yds, but that' s all he wanted. I don' t think it helped that my hand was shaking so bad that the can wasn' t as smooth as it could have been
Old 09-12-2003, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

i tried it two years ago mine didnt want to work in the cold must of got a bad one cause it would work in the house.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:02 PM
Spike

When I was a kid about 70 years ago I had a can that sounded like a cow when turned upside down. When I saw the can deer call I thought they had resurrected my toy (so I bought one). Don' t get to use it too much as another party hunts the same farm I do the 1st week end of rifle season and then another party hunts it the second season, which pretty much takes care of actual rut. Get some good time in about 10 days before rifle season, but then we stay out of the woods for a few days to let things settle down for the 1st rifle season. Don' t bother to stay away for the 2nd bunch, but by then things have pretty much gone wild from all the shooting. Will try it again this year, though.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:12 PM

I thought about getting one but didn' t know if they were ant good or not. Thanks forthe info.