Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Walker gameear II? >

Walker gameear II?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Walker gameear II?

Old 09-10-2003, 10:29 AM

Default Walker gameear II?

I just ordered the Game EarII for myself. What Im wondering about is, how to ajust it so I can best hear elk buggling and cows talking? High feq' s Or Low? Any help would be great Thanks!
Old 09-10-2003, 11:47 AM

Default RE: Walker gameear II?

Elk I have two Game Ear IIs myself and SWEAR by em. But I havent used them outwest yet (I used them in KS but was right across the lake from Ft. Riley and they were doing live exercises, that was 12/01, so I obviously couldnt crank up the sound lol.). I think actually the tuneable frequency feature is just that, tuneable for each person based on needs and difference in hearing. I have found that I typically turn the frequency down so that I am not hearing all the noise every car thats driving by within 2 miles makes. It also cuts down on the " background" noise from wind and rustling leaves. Yet I still hear grunts and snorts from deer well before they are within viewing range in the woods. You probably wont have such problems and backgrounds in elk country.

I think you will just have to try them out on various settings and see what works best for your conditions and hearing. I would put the ATF indicator in the middle and start from there.

Good luck and you will LOVE the Game Ears,
RA
Old 09-10-2003, 03:41 PM

Default RE: Walker gameear II?

Red,

I have never tried one, but am just wondering if you can pinpoint the source(or direction) of the sound at a longer distances?