Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Blue Tongue in central and S. IL >

Blue Tongue in central and S. IL

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Blue Tongue in central and S. IL

Old 09-06-2012, 06:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default Blue Tongue in central and S. IL

I have been talking with a few farmers and they have found several dead deer in the last 3 weeks what they believe to be Blue Tongue. Has anybody else been finding any dead deer in your area?
Old 09-06-2012, 08:14 AM
Spike

In Southern Indiana there haven't been any reported case of blue tongue. The farmers I have chatted with are not turning up anything in their lakes..
Old 09-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

Thats good! it may be an isolated case I hope.
I hunt in ohio county Indiana as well and I know we havn't found anything on our land.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

I have done quite a bit of walking and scouting so far this year and haven't found any dead deer. (Clay and Wayne counties)
Old 09-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

Kateraxl2381- I also hunt in wayne county. Over by Johnsonville
Old 09-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just saw the County by County map. It looks like Cook County has a lot and most states have no more than 10 reported cases. I'm sure its a lot higher but I'm trying to find the positives. The good thing (at least in my mind) is that it looks like a lot of the state got a lot of water over the past week. This should help spread the watering holes out a bit and hopefully not have deer as bunched up as much at watering holes.

Here's the map, it looks like the counties I hunt in are either white or light orange, not too bad.....yet.

http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/news/Doc...utionaug31.jpg
Old 09-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

From what I'm hearing, there've been quite a few deer found in pockets around Edwards and Wayne County. (pond creek, mt. erie and albion areas)
Old 09-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

western pa has it very bad also , worst than the breakout in 07 . What a shame , a horible slow painfull death , warden told a friend their they may lose 70 percent of their deer in certain areas , unfortunatly it is in areas I hunt .beaver and washington counties
Old 09-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

the powder river area in montana and north dakota and south dakota had a bad outbreak of EHD or blue tongue the last 2 years on top of 2 bad winters. The combination of the 2 knocked out most of south dakota and north dakota's antelope herd and took a pounding on the deer. They wrote an article about it in bowhunter mag a couple of months ago. I live in south dakota, 8 miles from the north dakota border, just west of the missouri river and didnt see much for deer at all last year and hardly any antelope but this year they both seem to be coming back, whitetails way more than antelope.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:27 AM
Fork Horn

The local news reported today that IDNR confirms around 700 dead deer from EHD.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.