HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Corn coming down! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/371284-corn-coming-down.html)

timmyzimmy 09-06-2012 04:47 AM

Corn coming down!

This is crazy early. I know we had a weird year weather wise. Here in Wisconsin, I saw corn coming down from Washington Cty all the way to Wausau. I did notice corn was at a record $8.08 a bushel or something. Not sure whats causing it exactly but I LOVE IT.

Should help us bow boys a bunch! 9 Days to open!!

cajote2 09-06-2012 07:36 AM

Corn here in Florida is 11.69 for a #50 sack.

SecondChance 09-06-2012 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by timmyzimmy (Post 3972491)
This is crazy early. I know we had a weird year weather wise. Here in Wisconsin, I saw corn coming down from Washington Cty all the way to Wausau. I did notice corn was at a record $8.08 a bushel or something. Not sure whats causing it exactly but I LOVE IT.

Should help us bow boys a bunch! 9 Days to open!!

We have had corn cut for silage out of the fields in some places for upto a month already. Just as soon as the Governor said that it was going to placed in the lost category, the farmers began cutting and either blowing silage or having people truck it off to other farmers for silage. More than we have ever seen. We still have some out to be shelled later, but it all looks like crap. And I am in the Southern Il. Farther North you go, there is more out, but not like usual.

hunter_ludda 09-06-2012 08:13 AM

Corn has been coming down for the last 3 weeks in Southern Indiana... It is AWESOME for us bow hunters!!! Good Luck!

henson59 09-06-2012 08:15 AM

I am in east central IL and we had farmers cutting corn the second week of August. And to answer your question about corn prices it's all about supply and demand. The harvest is **** so that drives the prices up. I know several guys who grow seed corn cut it for silage because it wasn't even worth taking to the elevator.

The only down side where I hunt is farmers will have plenty of time to work their fields before the bow season starts on Oct. 1. I usually have a good 2 weeks of cut corn field hunting.....not this year.

WIbackwoodsU61 09-06-2012 08:46 AM

Yea here in southern Wisconsin I saw it getting cut about a month ago as well.

fastetti 09-06-2012 03:24 PM

I was down in West Central Illinois and they are starting to cut as well. Only a few fields are completly out but there are a lot that have begun to be picked. The good thing is one neighbor is halfway through so if he can his out quickly by the October 1st opener that field should be cleaned. Hopefully ours will be out by Mid October. I think were going to have the farmer leave a couple acres in as well, at least for something to keep the deer close by.