Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lowering bow from stand >

Lowering bow from stand

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lowering bow from stand

Old 09-10-2003, 09:32 AM

Default RE: Lowering bow from stand

As many have already stated......buy you a bow rope from Cabelas ro Bass Pro for $6, tie it to you stand and rap the rope around the stand or limb from where you' ll be hunting and make sure that the hook end of the rope is approximately 3-4 feet off the ground. This works great! Going to the stand, you can stap the hook onto your string and let the bow hang. Less noise and you don' t have to worry about anything knocking your bow out of whack.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:57 AM

I have two straps on the bottom of my climber that I use most often. I just strap the bow to it and up I go. When I come down I just stick the bow into the strap and down I go. works like a charm.

#2. I always use the same small back pack when I go hunting. I have it rigged to strap the bow to it. If I don' t have my climber I will usually just hook the bow to my pack and climb up to my stand. The pack has a strap though the top that I put around the tree and it hangs there with all of my gear. just an idea for ya.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:16 AM
voz
Fork Horn

I keep my bow off the ground....the chute corte I use to raise/lower my bow is about chest level on the ground..I also tie it to the seat of my stand..so I don' t have to fish around for it in the dark...I sit down, reach behind my right thigh, and there it is...I don' t like my bow on the ground because I don' t want any..dirt, leaves, mud,ect on my bow, arows,ect... One time last year, I raised my bow (from the ground), and while setting up, noticed that all my nocks were full of mud
....I didn' t like that....thought I' d like mud in my cams, rest or sight even less...just cut my cords a little shorter........
Old 09-10-2003, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just toss mine to the ground, and when I' m climbing up the tree I just have my buddy toss it up to me from the ground....usually takes two or three times, but I eventually catch it.
Old 09-10-2003, 01:47 PM

the bottom of the rope is about 5 feet from the ground and there is a clip on the end i just clip to the bowstring
Old 09-10-2003, 02:35 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-10-2003, 03:41 PM

I' d rather have my bow laying on the ground than dangling around. As clumsy as i am I' d snag the rope in the darkness and wrap my bow around the tree[]. I always lay mine on the ground run the loop through the cam and over the stabilizer. and as others have said I make sure the area where I lay my bow is clear. Alot of people have a bunch of fragile gizmos on their bows and give no thought to what' s gonna happen getting to and from the stand. [:-]

>>>---DAVIDP---SILERCITY,NC--->
Old 09-10-2003, 05:16 PM
Dominant Buck

If I' m in my climber it' s going to hit the ground eventually. In semi permanent hang on spots I do exactly as Bowdacious. Shorten the line so the bow hangs off the ground.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:46 PM
Typical Buck

I' m with Rob.
I' m careful not to hurt my baby when lowering it to the ground.
Just because some of us were dropped on our head when we were born, doesn' t mean we have to treat our bows like that.
Bows are special.
Right, Rob ? [8D]

Sag.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had my ' Baby' slip off my hoist rope (still not sure how?) from about 20ft up once...........I think my heart stopped.[]
I guess it wasn' t that bow' s time yet, because somehow it fell into the top of a sapling, the weight of the bow bent it to the ground acting like a shock absorber, and when it was a few inches off the ground it slipped off as gently as can be!! I couldn' t believe it!
The only bad part was.........I had to climb BACK DOWN to get it.I just got there for an evening hunt.

I hate hoist ropes........I never know what to trust, I can tie knots that won' t slip (but I also will never get them out!), those little clips on the commercial ones make me nervous. Never wild about hauling that puppy up or down.
I am using one of those commercial ones right now and keeping my fingers crossed.
I might have to get some parachute cord and knot a small locking style clip like the rock climbers use.....(I know the word for it but I' m not even going to attempt to spell that one!)

Quick Reply: Lowering bow from stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.