Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Any Ground blind hunters out there? >

Any Ground blind hunters out there?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any Ground blind hunters out there?

Old 08-31-2012, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default Any Ground blind hunters out there?

Been having a good buck on camera but only way I can set up on him is a ground blind. I have a double bull darkhorse I use for turkey hunting quite often, just wonder how early do you set yours up before the season begins? Thanks!
Old 08-31-2012, 11:34 AM
Typical Buck

i'd say 3-4 weeks so they can get use to it, and not think anything of it.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:29 AM
Spike

I can't see any blind hunter right now but I am sure there will be enough of them by the next week probably. Of course they are coming for the turkey hunting. The search is still on for targeting large animals.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted a property that I couldn't pre-scout or set up stands on (Navy base rules). The day I was able to get out I set up a ground blind. Three huge bucks were heading my way but they stopped at about 75 yards I believe because they saw the blind. I grunted and one of them started stepping closer but another walked off in a different direction and the other 2 followed. I believe if I had that blind in place for a couple of weeks things may have turned out different.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:38 AM
j76
Typical Buck

I'd give it a minimum of 2 weeks, more if you can. I tried a popup blind for bow-deer last yr for the first time, seen lots and had does come within 10 yrds. Scent of course is a big thing but also one mistake i made was the rising and setting sun. On a nice sunny morning, right when the deer started coming out the sun got over the tree tops and shined in the blind, it was like a spotlight on me, any movement and busted.
Also, maybe youve already done this with the turkeys, but make sure you shoot your bow out of it a few times. I have some windows in mine that are a bit too high, the sight clears and looks ok, but the arrow won't quite clear the bottom of the window.

Last edited by j76; 09-01-2012 at 03:41 AM.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Banned

i use blinds all the time and so do my buddies.. we set them up a month in advance. try to hide it and break the outline. we have great luck with them. as stated make sure to try and keep the sun from shinning in. only have the front open so it stays dark in there. good luck on the deer
Old 09-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Spike

this is really cool, I like here!

Old 09-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the advice!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

i'd give them 3 weeks..
Old 09-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Typical Buck

My blind has been out for 3 months. I've put it out a week before season, and scouted in it the same day and it didn't seem to bother the deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.