Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
arrow vanes question?? >

arrow vanes question??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

arrow vanes question??

Old 09-03-2012, 03:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Deepsouthdeerjunky
Ive always put the odd vane up on my WB.. No problems with them.. If you look on the WB on the bottom there are different types of bristles than the rest of the biscuit. I dont claim to be an expert and i honestly have no idea what its like that for but id just assume my fletching not go through it ha.
The black bristles on the bottom are for arrow support. Keep the cock (odd) vane up and you shouldn't have any trouble. The vanes getting "wavey" will not hurt anything and will still shoot accurately. I wouldn't use any other rest for hunting!
Old 09-05-2012, 02:03 AM
Spike

i would check your nocking point it may have moved and your arrow is not level and causing it to hit
Old 09-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Spike

With a rip-cord, should the cock feather be up or down?
Old 09-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

I would do like phil said and check to make sure your vanes are clearing your cables. I had this problem before even after changing the rest and I had to just turn the cock feather out instead of up to clear the cables as your vanes pass them.