Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Hunting Superstitions >

Hunting Superstitions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting Superstitions

Old 08-28-2012, 02:44 PM
Fork Horn

on a morning hunt I will shoot one arrow to the target, for a evening hunt I will shoot the same arrow at the target, all the while rehearsing Fred Bear in my head. before entering the woods I will scuff my boots agaist the ground, 4 times each, spray down and walk to my stand. When I get there my bow has to go up on the North side of the tree. When I sit i kick the dirt i collected from the ground off my boots as if it is a Bull getting ready to charge, then I rehearse Fred Bear one ore time before sunrise or sunset.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:12 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Damon
on a morning hunt I will shoot one arrow to the target, for a evening hunt I will shoot the same arrow at the target, all the while rehearsing Fred Bear in my head. before entering the woods I will scuff my boots agaist the ground, 4 times each, spray down and walk to my stand. When I get there my bow has to go up on the North side of the tree. When I sit i kick the dirt i collected from the ground off my boots as if it is a Bull getting ready to charge, then I rehearse Fred Bear one ore time before sunrise or sunset.
And where do you fit hunting into all of this?
Old 08-30-2012, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

I only use my red min mag light my dad gave me the first time I ever went hunting with him
Old 08-30-2012, 08:01 AM
Fork Horn

I cant sit in the woods without having a thermos of coffee before i leave the truck and 4 Green Apple jolly ranchers for the sit.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Deepsouthdeerjunky
4 Green Apple jolly ranchers for the sit.
Heck yeah! I might start on that one!!
I've thought about sunflower seeds(in the shell) like I do fishing, but it can be loud spitting the shells out every 10 seconds and I also wouldn't want the wardens thinking I'm baiting!
Old 08-30-2012, 05:08 PM
Spike

I don't typically believe in superstitions lol through football and sports in high school and college I had no special routine or article of clothing that I believe applied to me or my team's success.

However, when it comes to hunting I am never without one of the handmade knives my grandfather made for me. There is one in particular that I prefer to carry, a beautiful drop point skinner with rosewood handles, a brass guard, his signature design insert and a handmade leather sheath that I recieved as a gift for my tenth birthday. That way I feel he is always in the woods with me.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BigJoe79

However, when it comes to hunting I am never without one of the handmade knives my grandfather made for me. There is one in particular that I prefer to carry, a beautiful drop point skinner with rosewood handles, a brass guard, his signature design insert and a handmade leather sheath that I recieved as a gift for my tenth birthday. That way I feel he is always in the woods with me.
That and I'm sure its probably damn sharp too! Them oldtimers were damn good craftsmen! That's awesome!
My gramps just passed last year and this year for slug season I'll be toting the old 12Ga. Remington Mod.11 that he left for me! It'll put one down. I'm sure of it!
Old 09-01-2012, 04:01 AM
j76
Typical Buck

I always wear the same hat, several times during the season i give it to my son who is 6 now, to put some luck on it. He puts it on his head, spins it around 3 or 4 times, then rubs it under each arm pit. When he gives it back that sucker is just drippin with luck!
If any one is interested you can send me your hat and a fifty and i'll have the boy hook ya up!!
Old 09-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Spike

I dont know if I have superstitions or just a strict routine...I would lean towards a strict routine though.