Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Robin Hooding Arrows >

Robin Hooding Arrows

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Robin Hooding Arrows

Old 08-25-2012, 03:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default Robin Hooding Arrows

Just thought Id throw this out for fun. I was shooting my bow the other night (actually it was early morning) and telescoped my fourth set of arrows. It's getting expensive when they are $20 apiece. How many other people out there have done it? I'd show the proof but I only have two sets on the wall. When I did the other two I was broke and couldn't afford to put them on the wall. I pulled em apart and went deer hunting.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

The first ones nice after that you better start aiming at different spots, unless you like ruining your gear.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

I did my first and only this year, and at 60 yards.

Old 08-25-2012, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

Yep. I shoot 6 arrows per round.

At 20 yards, one arrow per dot. At 35, two. Over 45, it was meant to be. Almost did it yesterday and it cracked the shaft at the nock. Still happens with my Slipstreams. And they have the tapered shaft.

I don't get mad anymore, I just sigh for about 12 seconds.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

Yep the first ones great but after that its lost $$$$$$$$$
Old 08-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Typical Buck

i have done it 4 times before. shoulda learned after the first time to not go for tight groups. gets expensive like you said.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with everyone else, the first one is pretty neat, after that it just makes me a little mad. I use two targets with two dots on each, usually past 20 I'll aim only twice at each dot. Two good arrows cost as much as a decent target now.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

I did it once and now I shoot at multiple dots. It was cool but not $20+ dollars cool lol
Old 08-25-2012, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

I have done it once. It was luck for me though, I had about 25 arrows in the target when it happen. Of course, when I tell the story, it will be that I was shooting 65 yards and was aiming for it.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

When I was younger, my dad cam up with this game called arrow tag. We each had three arrows and would try to robin hood eachothers arrows. We would flip to see which poor sucker went first, and needless to say, it quickly got far too expensive to play! Arrows were in short supply for me anyway, as I had to use his hand downs. When I would smack one of his, I knew I could just cut it down, re-fletch it and it was mine.... lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.