Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Ready For Season!!!!! >

Ready For Season!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ready For Season!!!!!

Old 08-24-2012, 10:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ready For Season!!!!!

Stands are up, lanes are cut, mineral sites and food plots are in, cameras are up. Now just more shooting practice and hopefully collecting some nice pictures and a 5 week wait. I have had trouble with my camera's this year though. Hopefully I finally have them working right. Anyone else done ready and waiting?
Old 08-25-2012, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

Just got back from the farm a few hours ago. Went up yesterday evening, got up early to work. Got in two final imperial whitetail clover plots, hung another stand, set mineral licks out, and relocated a couple cameras. (All in about 6 hours today, and then made the 4 hour trek home) I am wiped, but needless to say i am so pumped. We have a pond/dam going in as we speak, should be done being constructed monday so, hopefully this will change things up a bit this season
Old 08-26-2012, 06:47 AM
Typical Buck

stands from last year still look good so nothing new there, cams have been out for a month. Doing alot more in field glassing this year and it seems to pay off more than the cameras. Got 2 pope and youngs crossing a dam every evening close to one of my stands so i havent walked in there in fear of bumping them and just disturbing the area in general. Im really going to try to pattern several bucks to better my odds in the early season. It would be nice to bag a nice buck before the bitter cold and rifle season starts. To say that i am pumped would be a huge understatement.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

Got all set up today. New straps on the stands, trimmed the shooting lanes, set up cameras and a new mineral site.

Note to self... next year take your seat pads with you or the squirrels chew them up.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Did some trail maintenance and hung 2 cams this weekend. That wild rose gets bad over the summer!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

Our archery season starts next saturday. Antelope started august 15th. Been out a couple of times and only shot a 3 1/2 foot rattlesnake with 12 rattles. Saw some nice mule deer bucks this afternoon on the ranch I'm hunting. One was definitely a shooter. Nice 4x4 with brow times.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

our season starts in 5 days!! i can't wait! I have been preparing for this day since May. had camera's lucky buck, and corn out since spring... a lot of good deer in the area and on camera! have had our stand up since mid July and haven't stepped foot on the property in a month! As long as hurricain Issac doesn't come through we should be OK. They are calling for the remnants to be in my area Saturday and Sunday
Old 08-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

I have had my trail cams up for a couple months now with some great pictures. This weekend I am heading down to SE Indiana to hang my stands at my In-Laws place and then its back home to hang my last 2 stands here in central IL. I am pretty pumped for the up coming season because I have never scouted this much before or set aside this much time to hunt (thank you to my wife! lol). It should be a great season.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am basically 9 days and a few hours away until I will be on stand. Besides checking over all my equipment and making sure I have everything ready to go here is what my schedule will be like over that time frame. Target practice Thursday, check camera's on Friday. More target practice on Saturday and Monday. Target practice and check camera's on Next Thursday. Then, I will be in the stand about 6:20 AM, Saturday the 29th!!!!!! I'm not real sure what stand I will be in yet but depending on what I see or don't see on the camera's that may dictate where I sit. Good luck this season to all my fellow hunters and team mates!!!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Spike

10 days and a wake up til opening day here in Illinois though i doubt i will be taking a deer early in the season. i got my significant other set u with her bow and she is really excited for this years hunt as it will be her first year. she was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer on my birthday july 12 of this year and my goal is to get her on a deer of any size. i will be taking my bow into the stand with us but it will more or less be a paperweight. didnt get any deer last year due to being in afghanistan but her getting her deer is more important than me getting mine. she is shooting a new matthews mission craze in pink camo with a pink peep, pink kisser, pink d loop, and pink quiver shooting arrows that have pink and white fletchings.

good luck to all hunting this year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.