Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Anyone else finding dead ones yet >

Anyone else finding dead ones yet

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone else finding dead ones yet

Old 08-22-2012, 04:02 AM
Typical Buck

Default Anyone else finding dead ones yet

Went to pull weeds out of food
Plot last nite and found a dead 7 pointer. My buddy mowed his plot last weekend and found four dead ones. I think it's gonna hit them hard again this year
Old 08-22-2012, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

Luckily the particular areas that I hunt have gotten more ran than the surrounding areas but I'm still worried about it. The last time it came around a friend found over 500 inches of antlers on dead buck on his 125acre farm 2 bucks made up 375in of that total alone... it was rough around here that year.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:58 AM
Typical Buck

Had a buddy find a big buck dead last week . I hope it Dosent hit bad like it did again
Old 08-22-2012, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

We need rain here in Ohio period! We are 6 inches below normal and the corn here in Southwest Ohio is brown and stunted. The Soy beans look healthy which should be good for the heard. The farmers are having a tough time with the drought. I wonder how this is going to affect hunting here in Ohio. Definately going to change the way I was going to go about hunting. How is it in your area?

CVG Ohio
Old 08-22-2012, 02:33 PM
Typical Buck

The corn looks really bad around here. The woods I hunt has corn in all directions as well. The beans look decent however most the farmers here planted alot more corn due to the early speculations. Haven't found any dead deer yet though which is a good thing.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Typical Buck

Corn here in western Kentucky is shot, the late beans however are healthy because we have had some rain recently, Lucky on are 300 acre farm it's planted in beans his year and they look great. A lot of the farmers around here have cut there corn for salage or just bush hogged it and bailed it for feed ..
Old 08-22-2012, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks really sucks!! Never saw anything like that in Pa.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:12 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah. Our corn had zero yield. Not an ear on any of it. It's terrible. Holding out hope for the beans. But will probably end up bailing them. Ought to be good year for food plots
Old 08-23-2012, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

Our corn is averaging 45-50 bushels an acre. Compared to 150-175 bushels an acre, it's bad. Beans so far ok, not goin to be a bumper crop by no means. Haven't found any dead deer yet. Got several trail cam pics of does with fawns. They don't seem stressed. I guess it's a wait and see. Will chasing tree rats Saturday morning, see if any reports surface.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

So far we've been pretty lucky here in southwestern Pennsylvania. A few years back we weren't so fortunate. I think we were spared this year......so far.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.