HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   archery pack (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/368879-archery-pack.html)

junkmonkey17 08-19-2012 11:49 AM

archery pack

I am a little new to archery hunting and i am geting ready for the upcoming whitetail deer season. I have a archery pack but i was wondering what i will need to put in the bag for hunting.

huntingkidPA 08-20-2012 04:31 AM

like a fanny pack? ill usually have...

-grunt tube
-bleat call
-powder to tell where the wind is going
-range finder
-drag rope
-knife

the only thing you really need that i mentioned was the knife.

scottycoyote 08-20-2012 10:07 AM

plus a compass/gps, small first aid kit with a bleeding stopper, snakebite kit if its applicable to your area, flashlight, tp, etc.

im a bit of a gear freak and what ive found to work best for me is take a basic good backpack and put all the stuff id need in it for a day/overnight in the woods and keep it loaded like that. Then i bought several smaller military style pouches (i think they are your basic medic kit pouch), and label them. I have a "deer" pouch, a "turkey" pouch, "small game" pouch, etc. Then you just grab the pouch for what you are hunting for and put it in your backpack and youre good to go.

V8Ranger 08-21-2012 12:53 AM

Toilet paper.. For two reasons, For what its made for, lol... And I use it to mark the blood trail if i don't hear or see the deer drop... I take a 1/4 role and flatten it out and put it in my pack.. I also have a smaller roll in there as a back up, just in case I use up the other one I still have one to wipe with..... You never know when the urge will come up.. lol..

MISwampDog 08-25-2012 05:39 AM

Well lets see.......

knife
binoculars
bow hanger
zip ties
tags
book (if you get bored in the stand)
grunt call
estrus call
range finder
extra set of gloves
extra hat/head band to cover ears...never know when its gunna get cold
extra hanger for quiver or whatever
allen wrenches
extra release
rag (clean off blood, water, whatever)
two flashlights
drag roap
seat cushion

-DeerSlayer- 08-25-2012 06:49 AM

where are you hunting at? that has a major effect on what to take with you.

CVG Ohio 08-25-2012 08:05 AM

I take just the esentials in my pack that I will need anything else is left in the truck. I also do not want to work up a swet by packing a heavy pack in. Also if I am packing in a stand the fanny pack works great in the front so it does not interfere with the stand on my back.

just works for me.

CVG Ohio

junkmonkey17 08-28-2012 06:12 PM

I bowhunt in Georgia for deer

WIbackwoodsU61 08-30-2012 06:54 PM

Flashlight. Grunt tube. Knife. Rope. Water. Range finder. Binoculars. Most important of all a snack!

DUMB BASS 08-31-2012 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by V8Ranger (Post 3962630)
Toilet paper.. For two reasons, For what its made for, lol... And I use it to mark the blood trail if i don't hear or see the deer drop... I take a 1/4 role and flatten it out and put it in my pack.. I also have a smaller roll in there as a back up, just in case I use up the other one I still have one to wipe with..... You never know when the urge will come up.. lol..

1st on my list too bud...;)