Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
what broadhead for FMJ's >

what broadhead for FMJ's

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what broadhead for FMJ's

Old 08-14-2012, 12:45 AM
Spike

Default what broadhead for FMJ's

I am shooting full legenth FMJ with a 340 spine.. my bow is a pse with a 31 inch draw and a 70 lb pull.. I am looking for broadhead sugestions.. please help me out!
Old 08-14-2012, 04:07 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Ronin802
I am shooting full legenth FMJ with a 340 spine.. my bow is a pse with a 31 inch draw and a 70 lb pull.. I am looking for broadhead sugestions.. please help me out!
You will get recommendations for 100 different broadheads (let me be the first to recommend slick trick magnums 100g.).

All I have to say is find one quick and start shooting with it, the season is only a few weeks away.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:26 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Rick C.
You will get recommendations for 100 different broadheads (let me be the first to recommend slick trick magnums 100g.).

All I have to say is find one quick and start shooting with it, the season is only a few weeks away.
Thanks.. i guess i should have worded my question better.. i wanted to know what people with a simular set uvp( lbs, draw, and arrow) were shooting..
Old 08-14-2012, 04:50 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Ronin802
Thanks.. i guess i should have worded my question better.. i wanted to know what people with a simular set uvp( lbs, draw, and arrow) were shooting..
My arrow is a bit different, but I shoot 31" draw, 65 lb. I used rage 3 blade 100g for the last few years, shot a couple deer with them, both pass throughs.

I switched to slick trick magnums this year to give them a try, shoot well with my bow, no deer shot (yet) with those.

I chose the slick trick magnums because they are a fixed blade (less chance of failure), they fly exactly like my field points, and I hope to get pass through shots due to the smaller head (better blood trails).

I guess bottom line is that there are a lot of good broadheads out there, and a lot of threads on this site discussing pros and cons of a lot of them.

I think the most important thing is to be sure that you can shoot your broadhead accurately, any broadhead will work with good shot placement.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm shooting 125 grain slick trick mags and/or 125 grain viper tricks on my fmj's.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any broadhead that you can get to fly right. They all do the same thing--slice. If you do have trouble getting anything to fly I'm going to suggest that for 70# and 31" your 340 arrows are underspined so don't expect miracles.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by BGfisher
Any broadhead that you can get to fly right. They all do the same thing--slice. If you do have trouble getting anything to fly I'm going to suggest that for 70# and 31" your 340 arrows are underspined so don't expect miracles.
The 340's are what my local shop recomended.. i thought the easton charts saud 300. The 340 are the stiffest they carried. I am going to try to paper tune this weekend and will look for signs of being under spined. Thanks..
Old 08-16-2012, 03:35 AM
Spike

125 grain RamCat broadsheads works great for my buddy with the exact same setup.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:40 AM
Spike

I see a a few of you suggest 125 grain.. is that for moew KE or to get a good FOC balance?
Old 08-16-2012, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

Hey, I grew up in Bratt. and currently live in Hinsdale!! Could be wrong but wouldn't you be better off with 100 gr. head if spine is on weak side? Iv"e had great luck with Slick Trick standards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.