Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New Rage Chisel Tip >

New Rage Chisel Tip

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Rage Chisel Tip

Old 08-13-2012, 07:12 AM
Spike

Default New Rage Chisel Tip

Havent had a chance to read much about them but saw them for first time yesterday at my local shop. So I picked up a pack. Let me say when I took them out of the pack and felt the new "chisel tip" wow that thing is serious, really seems like it will blast through bone or brisket if needed. Got less then a month til now season here in Jersey, and I can not wait to see what this will do to a deer. Has anyone heard anything else about them? I loved what my rage 2 blade have done in the past, looking forward to the new chisel tip 2 blades!!

What's everyone else shooting this year!?
Old 08-13-2012, 07:55 AM
Spike

Thought about making the switch to Rage but decided on the Grim Reaper Razrcut SS Whitetail Edition. They don't have an O ring like the Rages which was the only reason I went with them.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:55 AM
Typical Buck

muzzy 3 blade 100 gr. i used to use rage, didn't think they were all that.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:43 AM
Spike

I shot grim reepers a few years ago, only killed 3 deer with them they worked well. However these new rage I got have a new plastic collar that you slip over the o ring to help secure it and the blades so I'm looking forward to seeing how that works
Old 08-15-2012, 07:57 AM
Spike

Yeah I just heard many people complaining about the o rings and it looks like Rage listened and made changes..
Old 08-16-2012, 03:13 AM
Bartender

I like the new NAP KIllzone chisel tips.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:33 AM
Spike

You will not be disappointed with the grim readers. I have killed many deer with them and always get big holes, pass thru, and short blood trails. Actually all my deer fall within sight. Rage did not provide me with those results and cost me a nice buck. The RamCat broached has been killer for Mr also. Monster entry and exit holes. And every deer I get a passthru even when busting shoulder. Check those out.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:00 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bnbplay
You will not be disappointed with the grim readers. I have killed many deer with them and always get big holes, pass thru, and short blood trails. Actually all my deer fall within sight. Rage did not provide me with those results and cost me a nice buck. The RamCat broached has been killer for Mr also. Monster entry and exit holes. And every deer I get a passthru even when busting shoulder. Check those out.
how did you lose a buck do to rage heads?
Old 08-16-2012, 09:28 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by RedNeckSape
I shot grim reepers a few years ago, only killed 3 deer with them they worked well. However these new rage I got have a new plastic collar that you slip over the o ring to help secure it and the blades so I'm looking forward to seeing how that works
So not only do you need a oring, but now you need a plastic collar to hold the oring????

I'll stick with my Grim Reapers.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:55 AM
Spike

The rage 2 blade is an awesome broadhead. I have never had one negative thing to say about them and never lost a deer with them. I debated trying the new chisel tips but for me, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I will stick with the original 2 blade, 2", that has never let me down.