HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   New Rage Chisel Tip (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/368548-new-rage-chisel-tip.html)

RedNeckSape 08-13-2012 07:12 AM

New Rage Chisel Tip

Havent had a chance to read much about them but saw them for first time yesterday at my local shop. So I picked up a pack. Let me say when I took them out of the pack and felt the new "chisel tip" wow that thing is serious, really seems like it will blast through bone or brisket if needed. Got less then a month til now season here in Jersey, and I can not wait to see what this will do to a deer. Has anyone heard anything else about them? I loved what my rage 2 blade have done in the past, looking forward to the new chisel tip 2 blades!!

What's everyone else shooting this year!?

hunter_ludda 08-13-2012 07:55 AM

Thought about making the switch to Rage but decided on the Grim Reaper Razrcut SS Whitetail Edition. They don't have an O ring like the Rages which was the only reason I went with them.

huntingkidPA 08-13-2012 07:55 AM

muzzy 3 blade 100 gr. i used to use rage, didn't think they were all that.

RedNeckSape 08-14-2012 07:43 AM

I shot grim reepers a few years ago, only killed 3 deer with them they worked well. However these new rage I got have a new plastic collar that you slip over the o ring to help secure it and the blades so I'm looking forward to seeing how that works

hunter_ludda 08-15-2012 07:57 AM

Yeah I just heard many people complaining about the o rings and it looks like Rage listened and made changes..

peakrut 08-16-2012 03:13 AM

I like the new NAP KIllzone chisel tips.

bnbplay 08-16-2012 03:33 AM

You will not be disappointed with the grim readers. I have killed many deer with them and always get big holes, pass thru, and short blood trails. Actually all my deer fall within sight. Rage did not provide me with those results and cost me a nice buck. The RamCat broached has been killer for Mr also. Monster entry and exit holes. And every deer I get a passthru even when busting shoulder. Check those out.

huntingkidPA 08-16-2012 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by bnbplay (Post 3960912)
You will not be disappointed with the grim readers. I have killed many deer with them and always get big holes, pass thru, and short blood trails. Actually all my deer fall within sight. Rage did not provide me with those results and cost me a nice buck. The RamCat broached has been killer for Mr also. Monster entry and exit holes. And every deer I get a passthru even when busting shoulder. Check those out.

how did you lose a buck do to rage heads?

Alex G. 08-16-2012 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by RedNeckSape (Post 3960342)
I shot grim reepers a few years ago, only killed 3 deer with them they worked well. However these new rage I got have a new plastic collar that you slip over the o ring to help secure it and the blades so I'm looking forward to seeing how that works

So not only do you need a oring, but now you need a plastic collar to hold the oring????

I'll stick with my Grim Reapers.

Beamer01 08-28-2012 12:55 AM

The rage 2 blade is an awesome broadhead. I have never had one negative thing to say about them and never lost a deer with them. I debated trying the new chisel tips but for me, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I will stick with the original 2 blade, 2", that has never let me down.