Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Need your opinion on safety harness >

Need your opinion on safety harness

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need your opinion on safety harness

Old 08-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Spike

Default Need your opinion on safety harness

I have never been a big fan of wearing a safety harness while bow hunting. When I do wear one (sparingly), I wear the one that came with my stand. My opinions on this harness is that it is very uncomfortable, sucks and doesn't seem to offer much support.

I am looking to spend 100-150 on a new harness that is comfortable and feels safe. Any suggestions?
Old 08-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Spike

any of the Hunter Safety System harness's are good
Old 08-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

If you are willing to spend that amount of $$, there are many options to choose from...the hunter safety system is top notch...the new spider harness is easy to operate and from what I hear, you do not notice it much in the stand...I have 2 gorilla harnesses and I love them both. You will feel safe and comfortable with today's harness technology....
Old 08-06-2012, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

tree spider is so nice and easy to put on..i love it going on my second year with it
Old 08-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

I wear my HSS every time I'm in the tree. They have come out with the slimmer type, I wear the vest type, reversible from blaze to camo, has pockets that are just right for your phone, calls etc. I use the rope that they sell extra, that goes around the tree, which allows you to adjust for length from the tree. That comes in handy for bow huntin. I encourage you to wear one. I am an Investigator with our county Sheriff's office and have worked 3 deaths with our local game warden from falls, over the last 24 years, One was a 12 year old young man, who was wearing one of those straps that went around the waist. It slid up, and cut his wind off. you never forget the look on the fathers face.
Good Hunting, Be Safe Someone Loves Ya, don't ask me why. LOL !
Old 08-07-2012, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default Muddy

Muddy makes a great harness. I think it's the lightest on the market.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a seat of the pants harness and it's comfortable and easily converts to a line-mans belt to use when hanging stands.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:08 AM
Spike

HSS is what I wear. Fairly light and has a couple pockets in it for phone or hand warmers etc.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:22 AM
Fork Horn

Whatever you get, wear it. A harness, vest, whatever is far more comfortable than falling 15-20 feet and crippling yourself. I wear the HSS and you practically forget you're wearing it.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by UPHunter08
Whatever you get, wear it. A harness, vest, whatever is far more comfortable than falling 15-20 feet and crippling yourself. I wear the HSS and you practically forget you're wearing it.
More or less what I was going to say. Feeling a little uncomfortable sure beats the possiblity of feeling nothing at all the rest of your life----or death.

And YES, it can happen to you. There are many horror stories every year from people who thought it could only happen "to the other guy".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.