Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunt with quiver attached to bow? >

Hunt with quiver attached to bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunt with quiver attached to bow?

Old 09-05-2003, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunt with quiver attached to bow?

Mine is always attached, ' cause I' m not stuck in a tree stand while hunting antelope, elk, mule deer, and sometimes whitetails. Although I prefer the tree stand while hunting whitetails, I just spend too much time hunting other critters.
Old 09-05-2003, 02:17 PM
Typical Buck

I used a Kwikee 6 arrows. Always attached to the bow when hunting in tree stand or not. I practiced with and without the quiver. It didn' t make a difference on me.
Old 09-05-2003, 03:18 PM

I keep mine attached, while practicing too. Seems to help stabalize the bow too.
Old 09-05-2003, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt wiht it on, I sleep with it on, I shower with it on..... I do everything with it on.. LOL
Old 09-05-2003, 04:38 PM

I have a High Country quiver attached to my High Country bow loaded with 5 Carbons tipped with Muzzy 100gr and one on the string
Old 09-05-2003, 04:48 PM

I never have it attached.
Old 09-05-2003, 04:51 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I do both. When in a ground blind or a tree stand I take it off, when stalking or decoying antelope it is on. I practice with it both on and off the bow. The only difference I see is that with it on the balance of the bow is different due to the weight. I use a level on my sight so it isn' t a problem. Without the level torque would be a big issue.
Old 09-05-2003, 04:56 PM

I use to hunt and practice with it on....I liked the arrows at my finger tips when I' m hunting, but now I practice with the quiver off and hunt with the quiver in a quiver holder made by High Point........When walking to my stand my quiver is on, but when I get to my stand I remove it.

With my quiver on, I could never group horizontally like I wanted too..I decided to take it off, and my grouping improved...After many days of practicing with the quiver off, I tried with the quiver on again and could hardly hold my bow up....
I guess with the quiver on, it is a little too much weight for me.. I wonder if the quiver was torquing my bow also?

I shoot a Fire Flite PSE 39" axle to axle with the PSE One piece quiver........I would like to try the PSE two piece one day....I can' t see it torquing like a one piece....

I think with my quver attached to the side of my stand, it will be just fine for getting another arrow quick....
Old 09-05-2003, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt with it off. I practice with it off......and occasionally on. The only time my quiver is attached, is on the way out to my stand and on the way back in.

Good Luck!
Old 09-05-2003, 05:53 PM
Typical Buck

Ive got the Kwikee 4 arrow Combo quiver and
I hunt with it off. I attach it to the tree when I get
up in my treestand. When turkey hunting I usually
use a hip quiver. We get a lot of wind here in Iowa
and my bow easy definitely easier to shoot with
the quiver off.

I do practice occasionaly with my quiver on, just
in case.

Quick Reply: Hunt with quiver attached to bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.