Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Expandables

Old 07-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default Expandables

I have been using the 2 Rage in the past but am getting tired of having to purchase new o-rings all the time so I was wondering what every ones choices were for mechanical broadheads? I was thinking about going with the Grim Reapers but figured I'd get some input before I made my decision
Old 07-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been using Spitfire 100 grain for over 10 years and love them. Never had one open in flight and every deer I have shot, with the exception of one, was a complete pass through. They produce great entry and exit wounds. You don't have to worry about o-rings. They are also durable. On several occasions I have killed a deer and cleaned and sharpened the blades and killed another with the same broadhead. I wouldn't try it three times though. Of course that won't happen every time, but they are great broadheads.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default o rings

Still use O rings and get them from a local store; available in the plumbing dept. at a hardware store. Just take an old one to get the right size. At mine they come loose, so you can buy only what you need.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Grim Reapers are nice. I used them last year. They worked flawless three times all except one was pass throughs. The one that was not a pass through fell with in sight. It could not have been a pass if it wanted too.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:38 PM
Spike

Default bh

shoot thunderheads no rings always open and tough. been shootn them for 25 yrs. tune your bow and they fly with fieldtips. i buy new blades every year and use the same bh
Old 07-20-2012, 04:27 AM
Fork Horn

I am really leaning towards trying the Grim Reaper heads this year. I like the one with the mini razors in the tip. not sure about Rage but was thinkin about rage with the new "shock collar" so they wont open while walking or bumping them.. between Cabela's and bass pro customer reviews seems GR has a better review..but nothing beats trying it on you own gear..so prob what i will do..
Old 07-20-2012, 09:12 AM
Fork Horn

Just switched from rage to grim reaper last year! Love them.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Grim Reapers and Spitfires both are nice without orings or spiderclips.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:44 AM
Typical Buck

Grim Reapers here.
Never wanted to fool with o-rings so I never have.

Shooting the 100gr razorcut SS head. Love it.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:53 AM
Spike

I shot Bloodrunners last year and they were awesome, no problems at all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.