Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Arrow opinions wanted >

Arrow opinions wanted

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrow opinions wanted

Old 07-13-2012, 12:36 AM
Spike

Default Arrow opinions wanted

I was out shoting today with the kids and I finally got a chance to shot my bow after having the draw legthened and having the servin and loop replaced. To make a long story short i shot 2 arrows in to my home made target and bent both of them. My target is a old cardbord box filled with foam and cardbord, i am shooting a PSE nova with a 31 inch draw at 70 lbs. I am looking for and ideas for new arrows. I want something nice that wont break the bank, and help is apreciated.. thanks
Old 07-13-2012, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

If they bent then you are shooting aluminum arrows. You need to pick up some carbon arrows. They will not bend and will either be straight or broken. You have already experienced why carbon will usually last longer since now you have a couple of bent arrows. You can get into some entry level carbon arrows for not much more cost than aluminum. I have been shooting carbon express arrows for some time now and really like them.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:56 AM
Spike

Yes they were aluminum. I have 2 Carbon fiber Gold Tip Deavastators, but they are 5575's.. Acording to their charts i need 7595's. Which i cant find easly localy and the Eason charts say i need a 300.. I liked the gold tips, but dicks doesn't carry the higher stiffness.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

i shoot Gold Tip Velocity Hunter's and love them. i picked up a dozen at Bass Pro for about $75.00
Old 07-15-2012, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

Dump the aluminum arrows and go to a archery shop or cabelas /bass pro and you can get good carbon arrows that aren't that costly...A lower end carbon in my opinion is way better than the aluminum ??
Old 07-15-2012, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Also if you know what you want check out Ebay,i have bought several dozen arrows fro there at great price's.Ant the you can have them made with any fletch style /color you want at the same price...
Old 07-15-2012, 08:19 PM
Spike

That is a great site! I saw the information is very usefule!

Old 07-16-2012, 12:26 AM
Spike

I went to my local shop Saturday ( i was finaly able to get there when they are open) and the recomended easton 340 fullmetal jackets.. i picked up a half dozen, and a drop away resf they had on sale.. thanks for the help!!
Old 07-16-2012, 05:05 PM
Spike

Default arrows

I agree with the carbons. I've only broken two in several years of shooting. One thing I would suggest is also invest in a good target. They make targets now where you can remove the arrows with two fingers. It's easier on you and the arrows. Also, make sure the target has multiple bullseyes so you can shoot one arrow at one bullseye and you wont break your nocks by shooting them. It's not only expensive to break them, but unsafe cause if you crack a nock and it splits the next time you shoot it just ain't pretty.
Back to the targets, I just bought a target (can't think of the name of it) but it is only the chest area of a deer with a foam base. It has a carring handle and so far I like it. You can shoot three sides of it and it gives you a great sight picture of a deer chest. Plus it's portable so you can throw it in the car, and practice just before going in the woods. Cost $50.
Good hunting. let us know how you make out.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:09 PM
Spike

I second the Velocity Hunters. I bought raw shafts and feathers and assembled them myself for a total of $65 including the brass screws I used to add weight at the tip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.