Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Really disaapointed in cuddeback! >

Really disaapointed in cuddeback!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Really disaapointed in cuddeback!

Old 06-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default Really disaapointed in cuddeback!

I have 4 cuddeback captures and 3 of them are not taking pictures. I literally have to put my finger on the sensor for the camera to go off. Has anyone else had this problem? if so anything to do to fix it?
Old 06-30-2012, 03:08 AM
Fork Horn

Your problem may be due to the temperature. I don't know where you're from, but we have been experiencing some abnormally high temperatures here in Michigan. The optimal temperature for Cuddeback performance is between 30-75 degrees where you can expect the Cuddeback to sense motion up to 50 feet. At 80 degrees the sensor range drops to 20 feet. Performance might be diminished even more in higher temperatures, I don't know. This is according to their website. I remember that quite a few years ago with a different camera, I didn't have any pictures on my trailcams during the summer months, but the camera worked fine the rest of the year. Don't know for sure if this is your problem, but it might help explain it. So if they begin to function much better when it cools down, you will know for sure.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Typical Buck

I used 3 Captures last year and nothing but problems when the batteries got below 80-75%. I replaced them with the Attack IR's and to date no issues. If I were you I would trade them in to Cuddeback or sell them.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

You can trade them back in to cuddleback?
Old 07-07-2012, 07:46 PM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

You can send your old camera in with $115 and upgrade to a new camera, I recently had 2 excites quit and upgraded them. Even bought a junker on eBay for $60 to send back.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll never buy another Cuddeback every again, everytime i call them, it takes about 20-30 minutes to get through, and also there cameras are junk! I need to duck tape my batteries in my capture. From now on i'll go with the bushnells!!! I love it!
Old 07-25-2012, 06:53 AM
Typical Buck

I have owned 1 cuddeback and had nothing but problems with it. I had better luck with
wildgame innovation . I currently own 5 moultrie s 1 primos and still have the one wildgame that I have had for 5 years now and its still working fine. With that said moultrie is by far my favorite
Old 07-25-2012, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

I have an old cuddie Excite thats been going stong for almost 10 years.Also 2 moultrie 1 m80 and the new c-50 and like both. Have 3 wildgame IR 6 and 2 of them broke in the last 2 months. I have heard a ton of bad stuff on cuddie in the last year..
Old 07-25-2012, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

I think I'm going to send then both back and upgrade. Do hopefully I have better luck with the next group of cameras.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just bought a Cuddeback Ambush a couple weeks back and wished I wouldn't have. Pictures are not all that great and the range distance is pathetic, hardly even 25 feet. Like everything else, once they come up with something good, they have to go and "try" to improve it and end up messing everything up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.