Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Foggy glasses question >

Foggy glasses question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Foggy glasses question

Old 09-04-2003, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Foggy glasses question

I had that problem then I got contacts. But when I had glasses I found out that if you breath out your nose it doesn' t fog. Or maybe its vice versa, I forgot. Try it.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:38 PM

keep your head turned so that the wind hits you at an angle. It helps to get the fresh air behind your glasses. Sucks in a really cold wind when your glasses could have provided a nice windbreak.
Old 09-05-2003, 03:47 AM

I hate father time. I went to contacts this year,
Old 09-05-2003, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ditto on the Sea Drops, For my eye glasses and Binoculars I did some shopping around and found many anti fog products just dont work worth a hoot. I did find a product at the Illinois Deer and Turkey Classic called " Bumpa' s Blue Magik "
#1-800-452-6088 Wisconsin, that actually works well for me on my glasses and my binoculars.
You can also us a common bathroom product you guys have " Shaving Cream "
It really does work, I was skeptical as to the claims it worked so I applied some to my bathroom mirror and spread it on half the mirror, and then wiped it off with a dry paper towel.When you wipe it off it will come clean and leave no film . I then fogged up the bathroom with a long hot shower and then checked the mirror, the side of the mirror that I applied the shaving creme to didnt fog up like the other side.
I wish I could wear contacts or the surgery also, but alas until that day comes I am in the same boat as you
Old 09-05-2003, 10:32 AM

I use Rain-X, the stuff you wipe on the inside of your car windshield so it doesn;t fog up.
I used it when I played paintball, on my goggles (fat man running around all the time means sweat, sweat means hot, hot means steam, steam means I can' t see a danged thing out my goggles)
Now I use them on my glasses and binocs when I am hunting, seems to work decently well
Old 09-05-2003, 10:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hey Coug.......One good fix here. LASIK or Ladar eye surgery lol. Had it done 2 yrs ago....Best thing I ever did!!!
Basserman I asked my eye doc last week about the surgery, he told me in my case I would lose more in my distance vision if I did it. I can shoot with out my glasses right now, but the vision gets worse up close every year, right now I can still see a blurry peep, and a blurry pin, but from 3 yards on out it is still pretty clear so I am able to shoot accurately.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:20 AM
Typical Buck

Go to a sporting goods store that sell ski eqipment...
Ask for a product called: " CAT CRAP"
Once you get done LYAO, pick yourself up off the floor and buy it. It' s cheap.
Follow the directions and violla...fog free glasses.
This stuff was developed to keep ski goggles from fogging up.
Works great on scopes and bino' s too.

My only other suggestion would be the product made by " Rain-X" called " Fog-X" .