Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Is this a good bow? >

Is this a good bow?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is this a good bow?

Old 07-10-2012, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

check the for sale forums here. you might find something you like and you can talk to others on the board about the seller and their reputation.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:04 AM
Spike

Default you're doing it right

by looking into it first. I started out with a yard sale Bear Kodiac bow that was 2" too long for me, had four different size arrows, and the knock was way off. Took it out and lost all four arrows trying to shoot a broadside button buck at 15 yards. Never even got close enough to scare him with any of the shots.
Then I went to a bow shop, got measured properly, a proper fitting bow, matching arrows, razor sharp broadheads, release, peep site and could hit the bullseye with every shot up to 40 yards. Of course for the next few hunts I couldn't find any deer, but when I did, I harvested it with one shot and a short tracking.
It sounds like you are going to be set up proper when you hit the field. Lood forward to reading of your hunts.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

Well I baught my Mission Riot the first week of march and I love it... It is made by Mathews. I have a lot of kids and all seem to be interested in hunting. This bow is adjustable from a 19" to 30" DL... 15-70# I can always turn around and tell momma I need a new bow in the future when my kids begin to bowhunt because my kids can use this bow too and I will never have to find a person with the same draw length to sell it to or tell somebody they have to buy a seperate cam... This bow and my complete set up ran around $400

Last edited by 26drawny; 07-17-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:02 PM
Spike

Just some advice, bows like the Black Max aren't the best choice for a first bow, the short brace height is not very forgiving, I suggest a bow with 7" or more brace height, the arrow is on the string less time, so its a little more forgiving, but you give up some speed, which to me isn't that big of a deal, Vs. having a more accurate bow.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:27 PM
Spike

The building Lord really invincible, thought very have routines.

__________________________________________________ ___
Diablo iii items
D3 Gold
Rs Gold
Old 07-23-2012, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Take a look at the PSE Stinger G3,300.00 bare,400.00 ready to shoot. I sold my Matthews FX and am very pleased with this Bow.Read Reviews and watch the Video on you tube where they test this little Bow,it is a good entry level bow
Attached Thumbnails Is this a good bow?-downsized_0215122122.jpg