Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wasp Boss Bullet broadhead test results WOW! >

Wasp Boss Bullet broadhead test results WOW!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wasp Boss Bullet broadhead test results WOW!

Old 09-04-2003, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wasp Boss Bullet broadhead test results WOW!

Wasp Boss Bullet 100 grain:

Plywood 5 points
Steel drum 6 points
Tire 4 points
Cutting diameter 2 points
Blades 3 points
Accuracy 5 points
Non-mechanical head 2 points
Total score 27 with a blade sharpness rating of B-

The Wasp Boss Bullet is one of the new breed of 3 blade, 1” cut fixed blade broadheads. It differs from most others in that wasp uses the conventional aluminum ferule and steel tip, compared to Rocket and Rocky Mountain’s all steel construction. Believe me when I tell you that this is no handicap!
In the plywood the wasp head penetrated completely stopping at the fletching. In the tire the Bullet penetrated the first side along with 10 inches of arrow shaft. In the steel drum the head fully penetrated BOTH sides, and without any damage! In fact throughout the tests the same head was used, and it is still useable. This is one of only a few heads to completely penetrate both sides of the drum and remain intact. Two of the 4 that have done it were mechanicals that did not fully open on the front wall, saving energy to punch through the back. The Third head to do it was a two blade, cut on contact. The Wasp Boss Bullet is the first three blade head to make it through and hang on to all the blades. I found this to be very impressive.
Now this is the highest scoring broadhead I have tested to date, but I think we need to keep things in perspective. These tests reward durability and penetration above all else. While cutting diameter and total blade surface are addressed, they are not rewarded as well. I say this not to knock the performance of this broadhead, but to keep things in perspective. The Wasp Boss Bullet is one truly outstanding broadhead. It is small enough to fly like a field point and penetrate, well like a bullet. The down side is that because of it’s size your not likely to get the large “holes” and great blood trails that some of the larger 3 blades will provide, or like the 1”, 4 blade heads. Also shot placement, which is always the most important aspect, will have to be even more precise. The good news is the wasp head shoots so well, that great shot placement will be easier than ever. With today’s new breed of smaller more accurate broadheads I thought this should be addressed, especially since these heads are scoring better and better all the time.
The bottom line is the Wasp Boss Bullet is one excellent broadhead, it is tough, super accurate, and penetrates great. The only downside is blade sharpness. I found that they were not up to the usual Wasp standards. They are however plenty sharp for hunting in my opinion. If your looking for this type of head I think you will be very pleased with this one.

Old 09-04-2003, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Wasp Boss Bullet broadhead test results WOW!

wow, thanks for the test 5-shot. I always like to hear how heads do on your tests.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:35 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks 5 Shot. Looking forward to shooting Wasp
tipped arrows again this fall. In past years I shot
the Wasp SST Hammer, this year I decided to go
with the new SST Boss. Looks very impressive
and flies like great. I doubt there is little difference
between the SST Boss and Bullet, other than 1/8"
in cutting diameter....at least that' s what I' m
hoping.
Old 09-05-2003, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

considering the Hammer sst' s and the boss bullet both did very well, I suspect the boss sst' s will do at least as well. May not penetrate as well as the Boss Bullets, but then again very few heads have. Wasp has some excellent broadheads, and they have been around for years.
Old 09-05-2003, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the report 5shot , I allways value what you do for us ! The guys I hunt with in Pa that dont use marden heads use wasps , they say they are the only heads they can get to hit with their feild points .