Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
GoPro Hero 2 for bowhunting? >

GoPro Hero 2 for bowhunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

GoPro Hero 2 for bowhunting?

Old 06-20-2012, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default GoPro Hero 2 for bowhunting?

Does anyone use the gopro camera when bow hunting? I was wondering if anyone would share how they mount this on there bow or and tips on getting your shot?
Old 06-23-2012, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the GoPro. Although it's great for action sports, not so great for hunting. The wide angle and no zoom, makes the deer seem like it's a mile away, even at 20-30 yds. Also requires alot of light, not usually found when in the woods.
I used the handlebar mount, and mounted it right on the riser. You can also mount on the stabilizer.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SuperRedHawk
I use the GoPro. Although it's great for action sports, not so great for hunting. The wide angle and no zoom, makes the deer seem like it's a mile away, even at 20-30 yds. Also requires alot of light, not usually found when in the woods.
I used the handlebar mount, and mounted it right on the riser. You can also mount on the stabilizer.
Which go pro do u have the hero or hero2? i have the hero 2 and it works pretty good with little light
Old 06-24-2012, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the original Hero. Yea, light really hasn't been a problem, it's the "no zoom" thing that doesn't work well with hunting.
I mount it to my ATV also, and the footage is awesome. That's where the GP can't be beat.
Let me see if I can dig up a doe kill I have, and upload it to a site.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SuperRedHawk
I have the original Hero. Yea, light really hasn't been a problem, it's the "no zoom" thing that doesn't work well with hunting.
I mount it to my ATV also, and the footage is awesome. That's where the GP can't be beat.
Let me see if I can dig up a doe kill I have, and upload it to a site.
yeah i might have the go pro mounted at me and have a "zoomable" camera at the deer
Old 06-29-2012, 11:32 PM
Spike

yeah i might have the go pro mounted at me and have a "zoomable" camera at the deer
Abercrombie & Fitch Wholesale
Karen Millen Outlet
Louis Vuitton Outlet
Tiffany Outlet
Old 07-01-2012, 03:12 AM
Fork Horn

There are different setting to get rid of the fish bowl / wide angle look aren't there ???
Old 07-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MUZZY 100
There are different setting to get rid of the fish bowl / wide angle look aren't there ???

Not that I know of Muzz. They are making flat lenses for the weatherproof cover to eliminate the fisheye, but don't think it would help with hunting.
People seem to be using the flat lens for underwater mostly, from what I have seen.
I'm sure it's just a matter of time before they start selling a zoom model.