HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   GoPro Hero 2 for bowhunting? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/366741-gopro-hero-2-bowhunting.html)

CabinOutdoors 06-20-2012 07:00 PM

GoPro Hero 2 for bowhunting?

Does anyone use the gopro camera when bow hunting? I was wondering if anyone would share how they mount this on there bow or and tips on getting your shot?

SuperRedHawk 06-23-2012 06:55 PM

I use the GoPro. Although it's great for action sports, not so great for hunting. The wide angle and no zoom, makes the deer seem like it's a mile away, even at 20-30 yds. Also requires alot of light, not usually found when in the woods.
I used the handlebar mount, and mounted it right on the riser. You can also mount on the stabilizer.

CabinOutdoors 06-24-2012 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by SuperRedHawk (Post 3946902)
I use the GoPro. Although it's great for action sports, not so great for hunting. The wide angle and no zoom, makes the deer seem like it's a mile away, even at 20-30 yds. Also requires alot of light, not usually found when in the woods.
I used the handlebar mount, and mounted it right on the riser. You can also mount on the stabilizer.

Which go pro do u have the hero or hero2? i have the hero 2 and it works pretty good with little light

SuperRedHawk 06-24-2012 09:29 AM

I have the original Hero. Yea, light really hasn't been a problem, it's the "no zoom" thing that doesn't work well with hunting.
I mount it to my ATV also, and the footage is awesome. That's where the GP can't be beat.
Let me see if I can dig up a doe kill I have, and upload it to a site.

CabinOutdoors 06-24-2012 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by SuperRedHawk (Post 3946982)
I have the original Hero. Yea, light really hasn't been a problem, it's the "no zoom" thing that doesn't work well with hunting.
I mount it to my ATV also, and the footage is awesome. That's where the GP can't be beat.
Let me see if I can dig up a doe kill I have, and upload it to a site.

yeah i might have the go pro mounted at me and have a "zoomable" camera at the deer

jnuyjuikikl 06-29-2012 11:32 PM

yeah i might have the go pro mounted at me and have a "zoomable" camera at the deer
Abercrombie & Fitch Wholesale
Karen Millen Outlet
Louis Vuitton Outlet
Tiffany Outlet

MUZZY 100 07-01-2012 03:12 AM

There are different setting to get rid of the fish bowl / wide angle look aren't there ???

SuperRedHawk 07-02-2012 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by MUZZY 100 (Post 3948554)
There are different setting to get rid of the fish bowl / wide angle look aren't there ???

Not that I know of Muzz. They are making flat lenses for the weatherproof cover to eliminate the fisheye, but don't think it would help with hunting.
People seem to be using the flat lens for underwater mostly, from what I have seen.
I'm sure it's just a matter of time before they start selling a zoom model.