HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Season starting dates (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/36616-season-starting-dates.html)

JD IN ALBERTA 09-03-2003 10:16 AM

Season starting dates

Well it' s officially here:):):D Archery season for my zones start today and go for 2 whole months. I' m on my way to the archery club Friday for one last practice session then up and at it early Saturday morning for the first hunt of the year for Mule and W.T. deer. Just wondering when you guy' s season begins...Good luck to all and be safe. [8D] JDinAB
p.s. let' s see some pics of this years harvest ASAP;)

02bhntn 09-03-2003 10:23 AM

RE: Season starting dates

Starts Sept 20 here for early urban archery, the rest of the state opens on 4 Oct.

Danny45 09-03-2003 11:19 AM

October 1st thru January 15th here.

Unfortunately, youth gun hunts and blackpowder season encroach upon that some, and especially in what I consider the best part of the season. Mid to late October. And, you have to wear orange (either hat or vest) if bowhunting and one of those seasons are going at the same time. Grrrrrrrrrrrr

I don' t begrudge the youth or bp hunts. Just wish they' d make it for a different time of the year since October was traditionally a bow only month until a few years ago.

Darn it, I' m rambling. Sorry.

Rob/PA Bowyer 09-03-2003 11:20 AM

October 4th and counting.....six week season...of course our dear game commission threw in rifle for doe, muzzleloader for doe, we share the woods with small gamers, turkey hunters etc......no matter, I' m still hyped for it.

jerseyhunter 09-03-2003 11:26 AM

I' ll start Bow Hunting Sat. Sept 6th and ending it off with Shotgun On Feb 14th. Looking forward to a nice Valen(tines) day. :) I have seen straglers at that time with their racks.

doomsday 09-03-2003 12:04 PM

Maryland starts Sept 15th. Can' t get here soon enough!

nselvis 09-03-2003 08:13 PM

Here in Michigan, the season starts Oct. 1st. I was going to have to wait all the way until the 3rd, but I just figured a way to get out of work two days early. BOOYAAA!!!

hunter9022 09-03-2003 08:59 PM

Danny, i hear what your sayin. I mean, the hunts are good i guess, but they do kinda go during some good bowhunting. One thing i wish they wouldnt have done is extend the rifle season. Thats really going to screw up the second(or the use to be second) bow season. But, not gunna stop me from goin to the woods.

CLOUD 9, MN 09-03-2003 09:31 PM

The Minnesota season starts September 13. WOW! Its getting close!!

Good Luck!

outdoorsman09 09-03-2003 11:04 PM

i know cloud.... like what??? 10 days?...less now...man i can' t wait to get out in the woods.....:eek: