Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
6 Bucks,12 Does,11 Turkeys,3 Bald Eagles,A Beaver and Coyotte. >

6 Bucks,12 Does,11 Turkeys,3 Bald Eagles,A Beaver and Coyotte.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

6 Bucks,12 Does,11 Turkeys,3 Bald Eagles,A Beaver and Coyotte.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Smile 6 Bucks,12 Does,11 Turkeys,3 Bald Eagles,A Beaver and Coyotte.

Went out scouting a new area to hunt Friday morning with my Buddy Kent and had the fullest 4 hours of wildlife sightings in my life. The first 2 were Bucks,a solid 130 to 140 class Buck and his buddy was a 110 to 115 which we nearly took out on I-64 in Crawford County IN. Saw 4 more Bucks in a field they were at best little 5 to 8 pointers based on current growth. Kent got his 4 to 5 year old Turkey this season in this field. The Does where out in force as well,also the Gobblers and Eagles at Patoka Lake area. The only thing we did not see was a Bobcat,Couger or Fox but they are all in the area for sure. It was the best day of wildlife sightings we have ever had. Get out there and enjoy it,but don't forget the tick spray because we saw way to many of them little suckers as well.

Last edited by doetrain; 06-11-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a good day. If you have deer that are already pushing 130 you are well ahead of the growing curve in your area!
Old 06-12-2012, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Smile

Originally Posted by fastetti
Sounds like a good day. If you have deer that are already pushing 130 you are well ahead of the growing curve in your area!
This is but an educated guess knowing of these Bucks which survived last year.The biggest of the 2 is a legend in the area who has survived 3 seasons with many sightings mostly at night and before legal light by most.He has been estimated to be a 160 or 170 by those who can judge antler size well. My two closest friends live in the area where he moves through and have seen him the most,neither hunt at this time. We found a shed to the smaller one it had 8 points on the left side and if his right side is equal to the left he ia a solid 140 as of 2 seasons ago.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like a great day in the woods.