Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bow setup and gear, what am I missing >

Bow setup and gear, what am I missing

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow setup and gear, what am I missing

Old 06-10-2012, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bow setup and gear, what am I missing

Been a while since iv been on here, havnt been able to hunt much these past 4 years especially for deer because of the army. Im currently deployed right now and planning on doing a lot of bow hunting when I get back from afghanistan. Using a rifle would just not be fair nor fun for me because of my job.

Bowtech has a bad ass deal for military so if you are military and in the market for a new bow check them out. I ended up getting the Diamond Deadeye, it came with a rest, sight, quiver, stabilizer, wrist sling, braided hoist line, release, and 4 arrows. All for $550, pretty good deal if you ask me. For gear I bought Redhead cws parka and bibs, and redhead bone dry boots. All pretty good prices off of basspro's sight. I got rage 3 blade broadheads and a pack rack, primos bleat can and grunt tube. For tree stand I got the Summit Viper SD. Basically all I need now is a target and some more arrows. Trying now to decide between a block/bag target or a deer target. If you guys can give me some good suggestions on arrows and what you think would be the best for target I appreciate it. And if anyone knows a good cheap range finder that compensates for angle and gives true distance that would be good to. Cant wait to get home and set my bow up and start shooting. Bow season in NC will start around september I think and thats when ill be out of this **** hole country. Thanks for any advice.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

don't forget to get a Thermacell! arrows i would suggest Gold Tips. i shoot the Velocity Hunters and love them!
Old 06-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for serving our country, we are all very grateful and have a great deal of respect for you. You make us Americans proud! God Bless.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:20 AM
Typical Buck

Hey, I am currently stationed overseas too, and I was wondering if I could have the bow shipped to my parents back in the States. Would you happen to be able to give me any advice on that? I qualify for the Diamond deal off the Bowtech website, but I am cautious about it since the overbearing European government HATES any people owning any type of weapon more effective than a butter knife. Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated!
Old 06-30-2012, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can get it shipped to the states. I got mine shipped to my mother's house. I has not shown up yet, but they say 6-8 weeks and im at about 4 weeks now so should be coming soon.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Morrell bag targets are good field point targets and the Rinehart 18-1 is the best for broad heads. I also shoot a blob and they are good for both but harder to come by.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Typical Buck

That is very exciting. I sent them an email inquiring about the deal. I was dead set on a Bear until I read your post. Thank you very much for posting about it. We also will always get a 15% discount on any Bowtech products for being vets. If you ask me, that is about as patriotic as a bow company can get! The reviews on the Dead Eye seemed great and its stats look even better.

As far as the cheap rangefinder goes, I was looking for one too and found a Remington that compensates for angles and shoots out to 500 yds for right around a hundred bucks on Sportsmans Guide's website. I have some leave blocked out for the bow season in TN and can't wait to try this set up out!
Old 07-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just responded to your other post about the bow forgot it was you haha, You better buy it its a good deal, damn near the best one out there in my opinion. Im checking out that range finder now. Be safe on the deployment brotha.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Beard buster, i ordered that range finder too. Do you have it where you are at now? I was wondering if you did so you could post a picture of it. The ones on line are not soo good.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Typical Buck

I don't have it yet, but I will soon. Remington generally makes good gear, and the best guns on the market IMO. Did you have yours sent home or to the APO/FPO?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.