Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 pop up blind help >

pop up blind help

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

pop up blind help

Old 08-31-2003, 09:41 PM

Default pop up blind help

this will be my wifes second year hunting with a bow. she doesnt like hights so stands ar kind of out, weve built her a couple of ground blinds but she would like to try one of the pop up kind... the problem is that all the ones weve seen set up just didnt seem to have enough room to comfortable draw the bow in, either to short or just narrow, any of you guys use these and which ones work the best for you?

thanks
Old 08-31-2003, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: pop up blind help

Doulble Bull makes several that have plenty of room to draw a bow. They also have room for two people to hunt in it at once. They are very high quality, and will last. A bit pricey but if you' re going to hunt the ground alot, I think they' re worth it!

good Luck!
Old 08-31-2003, 10:59 PM

The 2 best ones on the market are Double Bull and the Lucky Blind . Both are roomy, easy to set up and mobile.

http://www.doublebullarchery.com/home.html

http://www.luckyshuntingblinds.com/

Both will last for a long time, both are sturdy and dont have any wind flap, and both are well worth the money.
Old 09-01-2003, 02:30 PM
Typical Buck

Turdypoint, take a look at the ameristep TSC doghouse, or penthouse.
The doghouse is 68" x68" x68" tall. the penthouse is even bigger than that.
there' s room for 2 people easy, in either, and their a heck of a lot cheaper
than the Doubble bull blinds, which are rediculusly high priced!
Old 09-01-2003, 06:38 PM

The Double Bull is pricey at $350 but I have hunted several cheaper blinds and they dont compare for ease of setup, wind flap and room. Also the guarantee on DB will make it last. Go to yer local archery shop that has both and feel the fabric and look at the cams. Good hunting.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Definitely take a gander at the Doghouse or Doghouse TSC. Both have roughly the same dimensions though the TSC model is about 8 inches wider. The original Doghouse model starts at around $80 most places and....

- weighs 12 pounds
- can be set up in less than a minute
- comes with its own back pack carrying case
- is very durable and water repellant
- has a blackened interior to reduce visible movement
- features leafy cutouts attached to many of the outside seams to further aid in concealment
- has window tie-downs now built into the blind

The TSC model has all of that as well but also has a zip-out floor, gear pockets and, as stated, is a bit wider. I hope to do a full review with pics of both blinds shortly. I just need to use the one model a bit more.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:50 PM

I too am considering one of a ground (pop up) blind. However, at this time, I am a bit sceptical. The idea seems like a good one, but what about the practicality? I can just envision myself sitting there in 15 to 25 mph winds with the blind whipping, wrapping and blowing like a kite! (We generally have rough whether here in NE). I can also envision it collapsing/toppling in rough terrain and/or wind. Are these things for real? Will deer figure you out from hundreds of yards away? Can you see out of them adequately? As mentioned, they seem short (5' 8" or so)...can you move around/shoot a bow without looking like a freak? Are they REALLY easy to set up?? I hope that my suspisions are wrong...encourage me!
Old 09-01-2003, 08:17 PM
Typical Buck

If you don' t mind spending a little extra $$$...
Double Bull blinds are the way to go. Wind flap
is definitely not a problem. I' ve hunted
turkeys, here in Iowa, in 30-40 mph winds.
Like most other things....you get what you
pay for....and DB blinds are worth it[:-].

As far as hunting whitetails, you will definitely
have to " brush" your ground blind in. Mature
whitetails will pick your blind out instantly if
you don' t.

Here is a picture of one of my blinds brushed in
while hunting whitetails in the SW. It is set up
on a waterhole.

Old 09-01-2003, 08:24 PM

I' m using the dog house blind......It sets up and packs well.....There are three things I don' t like about it....#1 is the windows are too low. I would like to shoot sitting on a 5 gal. bucket but actually have to kneel in order to see straight out......#2 is if the sun is in your face, there is too much glare from the window mesh to see your target and #3 is when removing the mesh from the windows, the velcro is very noisey.........On a positve note, kneeling is not all that bad, and opening the mesh when the sun is shining in my face is an option...I will have to do some thinkling on how to quieten the velcro though.....I would like to be able to open the mesh at any given time with out any noise......I did shoot through the mesh and it had no effect on my arrow flight. As long as the sun is not in my face, I plan to shoot through the mesh............The Underbrush blind has eliminated these problems but cost $69.00 more...
Old 09-01-2003, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can easily set my Double Bull up in 20-25 seconds! I have the largest, the BS5 which is the largest model.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: pop up blind help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.