HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   best expandable out there? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/363230-best-expandable-out-there.html)

sdhunter11 04-28-2012 07:35 AM

best expandable out there?

Thinking about trying them again. I have been sticking to fixed blades for about the last 3 years and was wondering what expandable you guys like.(except rage, been there done that, never again). My favorite expandable back when i shot them was the rocky mountain snypers but have not seen them on the market for quiet some time.

blakefrautschi 04-28-2012 07:51 AM

I like G5 tekkans alot. not the T3's or whatever, the tekkans or the tekkan 2's are both good, and i've never had any problems with them

Whitetailaddict13 04-29-2012 09:59 AM

I think the tekan and tekan II have been discontinued so buy up. But I heard they built a 2" 2 blade like the old tekans. I like the grim reaper, big huge hole instead of a gash. You can get them from 1 3/8", 1.5", 1 3/4", and up to 2". They also have different tips for your preference.

AR Bowhunter 04-29-2012 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Whitetailaddict13 (Post 3933521)
I think the tekan and tekan II have been discontinued so buy up. But I heard they built a 2" 2 blade like the old tekans. I like the grim reaper, big huge hole instead of a gash. You can get them from 1 3/8", 1.5", 1 3/4", and up to 2". They also have different tips for your preference.

I am with you on the grim reapers.

sdhunter11 04-29-2012 03:40 PM

i like the looks of the grim reapers. What size do you guys prefer?

Whitetailaddict13 04-29-2012 03:46 PM

Grim reaper teamed up with Mathews and made Mathews edition broadheads. I like the 2" whitetail special, but for someone shooting lower Kenetic energy, I'd choose the 1 3/8". Pass throughs consistently, and although these are mechanicals, they will blow through bone. Absolutely devastating.

AR Bowhunter 04-29-2012 04:44 PM

I shoot the 1 3/8" chisel tip. I have shot fix blades for about 20 years. Always steered clear of expandables. But as the bows I shot got faster. I started thinking. I did some home work an was watching what the guys at the camp was shooting. Decided to try The Grim Reapers. I picked up two packs an got to the camp late one evening. I put one on a had just enough time to sling a couple at my target. The first one hit just right. The second shot, it was dark enough that I could not see where I hit. The shot was at twenty six yards. I walked to see where it hit an it was just where I aimed. I am very satisfied with their flight. I watched two hogs an a big doe fall within sight of my climber over the next two weeks. Two of the three were complete pass throughs. The other well there was no way it could have been a pass thru.

sdhunter11 04-29-2012 06:58 PM

I was thinking that the 1 3/8 would fit my needs the best. thanks for the info guys

Todd1700 05-13-2012 07:42 AM

I shoot Grim Reapers. I really like them.

Western MA Hunter 05-15-2012 05:15 AM

I swear by the NAP Spitfie Maxx