HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   ASAT 3-D question: for Rob or any ASAT fans (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/36283-asat-3-d-question-rob-any-asat-fans.html)

PABeardBuster 08-28-2003 07:42 PM

ASAT 3-D question: for Rob or any ASAT fans

I just recieved my 3D suit in the mail today and went ahead and washed it once before I left for work. As I washed I noticed the water turning a light shade of gray. The color surely isn' t coming out of the suit is it?!?

I figured since it was made from poleyster it wouldn' t require my normal soaking in vinegar. Am I wrong? Thanks for the help.

Tyler

Kanga 08-28-2003 08:14 PM

RE: ASAT 3-D question: for Rob or any ASAT fans

I have not had the color of my 3d suit bleed like that.
What detergent did you use?
I just use the scent away laundry detergent on mine and it has been washed a bunch of times.

PABeardBuster 08-28-2003 09:22 PM

I was just using baking soda. I was thinking maybe it was a little " dirty" from the factory?

Tyler

Kanga 08-28-2003 10:48 PM

Tyler.
I have never washed any of my hunting cloths in baking soda so I cant say if it was that or not.
I did email Chuck the link to this thread so hopefully he will come on and answer your question

Fozzdik 08-29-2003 05:43 AM

Hello Tyler and thanks for your purchase of our 3-D system. To attempt to answer some of your questions, any dyed material will lose some of its dyed color in the first few washings, and usually this is normal and nothing to worry about, in fact it will " soften" that sharp look slightly and make it even more effective. This is all taken into account in the manufacturing process. I' ve washed these suits in HOT water, using 5 times the amount of detergent over a dozen time and then drying them (each time they were washed) on high heat to see just what they would take before " melt down" . Well, they held up just fine. There was slight fading, but nothing excessive even with all those hot water and high heat dryings, so if you wash them in cold water, in the machine, and the machine will help soften the fabric and break the inherent fiber stiffness in the seared leaf edges. Now don' t get me wrong, we don' t want you washing your suit in hot water, we want it to last for many, many years of hard service (mine is 14 years old and has been used each of those years).
Now, about the baking soda, remember why your wife put baking soda in the frig? Right, to absorb the odors! So, when you use baking soda to wash you clothes in, it stays in the fabric and will absorb any odors, until each molecule is in effect " full" at which time it will turn away any new odors and eventually break down and dump them all out. What you need to use is a good odor destroying, non-scented detergent with NO UV dyes or brighteners, like Atsko® SportWash™, or S & S Outdoors® scent free detergent, or virtually any good brand that you like, with these same attributes.]
So Tyler, don' t worry, just get out there and hunt! As in all our products, we WILL stand behind them, so if you do encounter ANY, and I mean ANY, problems, let me know at [email protected] and we' ll take care of it.

Good Luck and Good Hunting,

Rangeball 08-29-2003 07:29 AM

I have to back up Chuck' s service problem... I had a very small issue with their
3-D tape, most probably my fault, and Chuck jumped on it and sent me a replacement roll, not just the small section that went bad.

For the curious, I put a section of tape on my bow limbs. I didn' t burn the end of the stitching that holds the polyester to the adhesive mesh, so it " un-zipped" . Very minor problem.

Chuck and his crew are as quality people as it gets. Buy from them with absolutely no worries. I can' t recommend them highly enough.

Thanks again, Chuck :)

Fozzdik 08-29-2003 09:23 AM

Thanks for all the kind words, Rangeball. We' re just working guys like all the hunters that have supported us these many years, and we stand behind our products because that' s what we' d like to expect from other companies. We' re tired of the business as usual " retail incompetence" we' ve all seen every time we shop. We all got involved in this business because the pattern impressed us, with every test photo we' ve taken, and we try to make the changes hunters want and need. Just like other company’s products that we endorse. We endorse them because they work, if they didn' t it certainly wouldn' t help us, and when we do find something we like, we pass it on, not because we' re getting paid to do it (and we' re not), but because we want to help the company as well as the hunter by our experiences with any certain products effectiveness.
How many camo companies will give you a guarantee that if you use their product and don' t see more animals than you ever have with any other brand, they' ll buy it back! Right, none! BUT WE DO! Again, because it works that well.
Any questions/comments/suggestions drop me a line.

Chuck

PABeardBuster 08-29-2003 01:49 PM

Thanks Chuck.

I do use regular non-scent detergent too, I was just using baking soda for the first few washings, so I didn' t waste the other stuff.

By the way, I' m the young fellow from Martinsburg that you met at the Harrisburg sports show :D.

Tyler

Fozzdik 08-29-2003 02:27 PM

OK, Tyler, I do remember you and it was a pleasure meeting you. Good luck this season and make sure you let me know how you did.

Mike from Texas 08-29-2003 04:13 PM

3-D tape............For the curious, I put a section of tape on my bow limbs.
I thought I was the only one that did that. :D