Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pros and Cons of a Wisker Bisket >

Pros and Cons of a Wisker Bisket

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pros and Cons of a Wisker Bisket

Old 08-28-2003, 10:32 AM

Default RE: Pros and Cons of a Wisker Bisket

The whisker biscuit is a very quiet, very accurate, and very rugged arrowrest. It installs simply and stays in adjustment. You can shoot all styles of fletching including Turbonocks with this rest. You should only use the correct spine arrow for the bow with this rest, underspined arrows will bend and flex as they go through the biscuit, this slows the arrow and ruins accuracy. I' ve shot a slew of rests in the last twenty-eight years of shooting compound bows and the only rest that has never bent, broken, gotten out of adjustment, or dropped my arrow is the whisker biscuit. Good luck hunting!
Old 08-28-2003, 01:17 PM

I just got a WB this year, and so far I really like it. I haven' t noticed a lot of wear and tear on my vanes yet. I am like everyone else....great arrow rest. I read their website that the amount of loss speed depends on what kind of arrows you shoot. I shot carbons with three inch vanes. My loss of speed is only about three feet per second
Old 08-28-2003, 07:37 PM

Thanks for all the info. I' m thinking strongly about getting one. Especially now. Looks like the Pros outweigh the Cons. Thanks again.
Old 08-28-2003, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

My advice would be to get the drop tine model, with or without the quick shot feature (I could take it or leave it). I payed extra for the " deluxe" model and would be just as happy with the droptine.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:21 PM

I use the droptine model on my Hoyt and on my Martin. My Mathews has a lower shelf and the deluxe whisker biscuit fit better. The windage bracket comes off the side of the biscuit on the deluxe model, this gives a little extra thumb knuckle clearance when compared to the droptine model or the original model. The windage bracket extends straight across horizontally from the bottom of the biscuit on both the original and the droptine models. Good luck hunting!