Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What archery target is the best for field tips and broadheads? >

What archery target is the best for field tips and broadheads?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What archery target is the best for field tips and broadheads?

Old 06-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

I bet I have spent a small fortune the last forty plus years of archery. Several years ago we had some bad storms where I have my lake house, and found some high density foam used for docks on our shore line. I grabbed one and gave it a shot as a target; now I just keep it stacked outside my house at the lake and I hope to never buy another target again. I’m also a project manager in charge of multi-million dollar jobs where that same foam is used for fill and many times there are a few blocks left over. Most are thick enough that an arrow will not fly through it, and so easy to pull out as well.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Spike

Buy a Morrell Eternity target for field tips and a yellow jacket for broadheads. You will set for years
Old 07-04-2012, 05:26 AM
Typical Buck

Timely thread! Got a Rinehart 18-1 on order...

-fsh
Old 07-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Fork Horn

Rinehart makes a great target. The Blob target is also outstanding.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will have to respectfully disagree. I'd recommend the Rinehard target that is square or rectangular. It has a replaceable core. I shoot at the target year round with field points and sight my broadheads in shooting at the core. Then when it is chewed up, you can buy a new $40 core without having to replace the entire 18-1 target. Still a Rinehart, just a cheaper option during replacement time.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default lordy, I'll stay cheap and use self made targets

And I had to turn down that music that would make my old ears deaf. Still have a couple of targets in the shed that cost less than $10 each. Use commercial construction foam, folded newspaper, tied with masking tape, and so cheap few would copy it. It's light for carry to the range and comes in a 2' x 2' size.

Those commercial targets are mighty pretty !!

Old 07-12-2012, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

I got the Rhinehart 18-1 last year, and it works great. I use it in combination with my deer targets to get tuned up for archery season.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:01 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Rev, what kind of foam is that; is it something I could pick up at Home Depot? Were you shooting broadheads or field points? I don't need fancy targets, but I do prefer to practice with broadheads.