Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A Trophy is Not a Trophy is Not a Trophy.... >

A Trophy is Not a Trophy is Not a Trophy....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A Trophy is Not a Trophy is Not a Trophy....

Old 08-28-2003, 06:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: A Trophy is Not a Trophy is Not a Trophy....

Everyone here is a trophy hunter, like it or not!

There isn' t a bowhunter here that would shoot a 4pt that stands 15 yards broadside when there is a 150 class standing 26 yards facing us. I really wouldn' t believe a single person here who said they wouldn' t wait to see if they might get a shot on the 150 class. Hopefully everyone here has the sense not to shoot straight on in this scenrio. A true meat hunter would shoot the 4pt....any of you?
Truer words have never been spoken, but I bet you money that only a " Trophy Hunter" would congradulate some one for their 6 point first buck and in the same sentence say it was a shame they didn' t let the " Little" one walk!

I can honestly say that I am glad I am not a trophy hunter, but a hunter, because after the buck I killed in 74 in Va. I would never have shot another buck in Va. because ones that would surpass him are few and far between in Va. In the almost 30 years since I killed him I have only seen 2 bucks on the hoof that would have surpassed him, one I was driving 65 MPH when I saw him and the other at about 100 yards away while bow hunting.
Old 08-28-2003, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can a doe be a trophy? You better believe it.

A few years ago, I had seen a huge doe that was very red in color--far after all the others had turned to the brown/gray winter coats. She was obviously the lead doe and was very suspicious of everything. She became the object of my hunting interest. I used every tactical advantage I could think of in a focused effort to tag her--her specifically. I managed to get with-in range on a couple occassions, but was never able to get off a shot. She won, but I would have been extreemly proud of her if I taken her--as much as any buck on my wall. To anyone else, she would just be a big, red doe, but to me she would have been a real trophy.
Old 08-28-2003, 07:26 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-28-2003, 07:33 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-28-2003, 07:39 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-28-2003, 08:03 AM

amen!!
Old 08-29-2003, 09:45 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-29-2003, 02:51 PM

A little bitty plastic trophy that you get when you finish a season of T-Ball is nothing like winning the World Series Pennant.
Wolfen:

I take it you don' t have a son that has won a T-Ball trophy. Look into that boys eyes when he holds that trophy and you will realize you are way off base.

I think you are confusing Trophy with Size. Some racks are bigger than others, but only the owner can declare which one is a trophy.

I have taken many animals, but my most cherished trophy is the first deer I took as a boy. That trophy was a doe!
Old 08-29-2003, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

Dan324...read all the posts please. I was my daughter' s t-ball coach and already covered that whole thing.

And in closing...the intended targeted audience of my post were the lazy, incompetent, and impatient who really shouldn' t be in the woods anyway but who kill the first thing they see for whatever misdirected motivating factor they have and then claim that it is a trophy as much as the guy who invests an overwhelming amount of work, study, and patience for a cagey, seasoned, mature whitetail buck. There is no comparison in the quality of the trophy.