Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Peeing from Stand!? >

Peeing from Stand!?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Peeing from Stand!?

Old 08-26-2003, 08:29 PM

Default Peeing from Stand!?

I certainly have my own opinon but wanted to see what the group thought of relieving youself while on stand or in blind!
Old 08-26-2003, 08:50 PM

Default RE: Peeing from Stand!?

Boy, what an interesting thought, even though everyone one has that urge, I have to say, 1 gallon milk container with about two ounces of Hydrogen Peroxide, this will help nutralize the acids in your urine. Keeps the acid in your urine from stinking up your area, after your season is over, empty contents and toss the milk container away once you get home. Simple and it works..

Dr. Mike
Old 08-26-2003, 10:09 PM

I hunted with an old-timer that use to urinate on his bait pile. In his opinion the deer liked the salt. I thought he was crazy, but he did shoot a lot of deer off those stands!

Don' t think I would go that far, but I think urinating in jugs is overated.
Old 08-26-2003, 11:17 PM

The buck I shot with my bow last year was walking right through my spray pattern

My hunting partner carries his wizz in a bottle and I just let it fly.........I see waaaaaaay more deer then he does.

IMO people use scent as an easy excuse for why they aren' t seeing deer...........same thing with camo. My father has killed more deer in jeans and a T-shirt then I can count. Years ago they didn' t have all these fancy things for hunters to spend all their money on..................and guess what?? They still killed deer, and plenty of them.

Do your best to avoid bringing tons of unatural scents into the woods and get up a decent tree with any old camo and you are all set............getting fanatical about it is just a bit silly IMO.

If people spent more time scouting and properly placing stands they wouldn' t have to spend thousands of dollars on every call in the book and the newest toys that magically attract deer to you in 5 minutes..........they also wouldn' t be sharing a seat with a bottle full of piss [X(]
Old 08-26-2003, 11:59 PM
Typical Buck

I have heard that human male urine can be an attractant to deer . . . but I' ve always been leery of trying it.
Old 08-27-2003, 04:40 AM

there was a artical in one of my bowhunting magazines ( i think it was petersons bowhunting ? 2 or 3 issues ago ) that said deer can not tell the differance in human piss and animal piss. but if your not comfortable you can buy a container called the bladder
Old 08-27-2003, 06:19 AM

Heres the bottom line. It depends on the person shooting the stuff. I know for a fact that deer spook and get very nervous when they smelled mine. I now always carry a glass bottle. Ive had two many deer get nervous and bolt when they smelled the my urine on some bushes. I did an experiment with my game cameras
and set out corn piles 50 yards apart. I peeed about 6 ft. from one of the piles and left the cameras out for two weeks. It took deer a week before they touched the contaminated site. I have a hunting buddy that can pee right out of his stand and the deer dont seem to mind.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use to be a " scent freak" where urine was concerned. I didn' t even want a couple of drops missing the bottle. However, 2 years ago I read about some studies that were done where deer actually used the scrapes with human urine more often than they did with buck urine. I decided to try it and started urinating on scrapes. The deer didn' t quit using them, so I started urinating off of my stand and I actually saw more deer last year than I have seen in several years. I don' t think they pay any attention to it.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have to say that I agree with atlasman to some extent on this one. I can relate several experiences in recent years where deer either paid no attention to where I urinated or were actually curious about it.

Now, I am not saying that I would use it as an attractant but I do not think it has the negative affect on them that everyone believes. However, as someone stated above, that is going to vary somewhat from individual to individual and from diet to diet.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:57 AM
nub

I let er fly. The deer' s reaction depends on whether I' m drinking plain old Foldgers, or 100% Columbian. That Columbian is some strong smellin stuff. Now Miller Lite is a different story, them choice hops and barley bring them in on a rope.

Quick Reply: Peeing from Stand!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.