Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Vacation for archery season >

Vacation for archery season

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Vacation for archery season

Old 08-26-2003, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Vacation for archery season

Our season runs oct 4th to nov 15th. I just filled out my vacation for half days of 29,30,31 of oct. 1st week of nov off completely and another week of half days the 2nd week of november.

What are you guys plans this season?
Old 08-26-2003, 09:02 AM

Default RE: Vacation for archery season

i was planning to take off about the same week as you wimp however , the company i worked for decided to close the plant down , so now i' m looking for a job , but on the bright side if i don' t find one i can hunt everyday !

Old 08-26-2003, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have scheduled 11/3 to 11/7 OFF work. I love that rut action! Over the years I have found the first week of November to be very productive up here in the " Big Woods"
Old 08-26-2003, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

3 full weeks, last week of Oct and 2 weeks of Nov. Plus 4 floating days.I applied for multiple tags, and bought a couple extra packs of spitfires. Somethings going down.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:59 AM
nub

I don' t really need to take time off for Whitetails. I can hunt them just about anytime out my back door. I am heading North to Ontario on Sept. 25th for 2 weeks of Moose hunting tho. [:-] Less than a month away, think I' m loosing any sleep yet? Hell yes![&o]
Old 08-26-2003, 10:20 AM

Ugh - I just started a new job in johnstown and all of my saved vacation days and personal days are gone. I' m just now starting to accumulate some time. I' ll have every saturday and probably 1-2 evenings per week but I won' t reach my stand until 4:30-5ish.
Old 08-26-2003, 10:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wimp I am so glad you mentioned vacation in this thread, I just sent my boss an email to get the 18th-24th of October off, I am going to go to the Marinsville race on the 19th with Swampdog and Capt Brad and Swampdog has been kind enough to set us up with some deer hunting after that.
Old 08-26-2003, 11:50 AM

I drew an archery tag for Kansas this year finally and plan on hunting there for 10 -12 days unless I get lucky early in the hunt. I work on an offshore drilling rig in the Gulf of Mexico and I work 14 days and then I' m off for 14 days. Got to love it, I get a two week vacation every month. Normally, my days off are in perfect timing with the January rut here in Alabama.
Old 08-26-2003, 11:58 AM

Ryan, sounds like your in for another good season. We' ll have to get together some time this season. I have some nice evening stands and nobody to hunt with. My brother inlaw and I hunt as much as we can in the morning, but he can' t hunt in the evening. You' re welcome to come with us in the morning, we' re always looking for a 3rd person to hunt with.
Old 08-26-2003, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt every day of the season Part time in the Air Gaurd has its benefits.

Quick Reply: Vacation for archery season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.