HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   That time again. CO here we come!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/35975-time-again-co-here-we-come.html)

IL_BOW_MAN 08-24-2003 09:41 PM

That time again. CO here we come!!

Colorado Bow season opens up on Saturday, and we will be there again.

We leave here on Thursday for the day and a half trip to Oak Creek, CO for the annual Hunting trip.

I don' t have as much money to spend in Syndey at Cabelas this year, but I guess I will survive.

Just think, this time next week I will be curling up in my sleeping bag awaiting the morning hunt........or if I am lucky, I will be sprawled out on the bed with a sore back from packing out an elk. Either way, I will be on top of the world, thinking of nothing but elk and of course my wife and little girl in between the elk!!

HANKFAN 08-24-2003 09:44 PM

RE: That time again. CO here we come!!

Good luck!!!!!

ArcticBowMan 08-24-2003 10:21 PM

Good luck! Hope you bag the big one this year!

I had to cancel my Oregon elk hunt that I was going on around the 3rd of Sept., but hopefully I' ll get a chance at Colorado elk with my cousin in mid October or late November over in western CO. It' ll be a weekend hunt, so my -06 is going along rather than the bow. I' ll be out bowhunting bou again in a few weeks.

When are you going to ditch those guys and come up here to hunt caribou? :D

Rickmur 08-25-2003 04:08 AM

Best of luck, I envy you.

ABM, you mean they have bou in Vegas? :D

Howler 08-25-2003 12:36 PM

The weather trend is that cooler weather is FINALLY moving in, only in the 70' s for the high on Friday the 29th. So, hopefully it will fill a bit more like hunting weather by the 1st and will stay that way for us early birds. I' ll be up in the hills looking for elk too Ill_Bow_Man. Good Luck!

ArcticBowMan 08-25-2003 02:31 PM

You bet mdbohunter, got a bou right here in my freezer and some bou jerky in my fridge ;)

Sometimes it' s hard for me to remember where I am, I' m used to posting from up north, not down here in hot vegas. [&:]

nub 08-25-2003 02:52 PM

Best of luck. Have fun IBM.

bob d 08-25-2003 03:58 PM

Good luck IBM and dont get them all i will be on the ranch the end of sept for mine

IL_BOW_MAN 08-26-2003 06:53 AM

Thanks guys, and Jerry......we still plan on coming up sometime.

rockytop 08-26-2003 06:57 AM

Have a great time out there, we' ll be waiting for some great pictures and stories.