Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need Help

Old 03-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Typical Buck

I currently shoot a Martin but have friends who shoot Bear. I think both are good brands. Most all the companies out there make good bows and will stand behind their products. You need to try out a few at a dealer and buy the one that feels comfortable to you. Different bows can have a different feel to the draw cycle. What feels good to one person might not feel right to the next. That is the advantage to buying from a dealer. You can try different bows and if it's a good dealer they will get you into something that is right for you and last for awhile.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Spike

yeah thats what ill do thanks for the help. i hope i get my bow and get ready for deer season and maybe spring turkey
Old 03-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Typical Buck

i started with a bear vapor 300 and killed 3 deer and 1 gobbler in one season before saving enough cash to get my mathews. But HD is right, most all bow companies will stand behind their product. I think it will probably just boil down to shopping around and trying out as many bows as you can. Besides it is fun to do. lol
Old 03-08-2012, 04:09 AM
Fork Horn

My dad shoots the diamond and like it alot.Go to a archery shop and get measured for draw,then look for a nice used bow all set up at that draw.The pull weight can be adjusted to what works for you.Set you draw weight as high as you can and still draw back smooth with out haveing to stuggle/shake etc.. When you draw on a deer you want as little movement as possible.On a limited budget the diamond or bear will make a great first bow!!
Old 03-08-2012, 05:46 AM
Spike

If your not sure on a brand of bow, or are torn between two. You can go to www.totalcompoundbows.com They have reviews, specs, and ebay listings on just about every bow out there right now from every brand.